• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A "big" step

jeany

Today after almost 29 years of marriage I let my husband know how much I weigh. Because of my big tummy I couldn't see the readings on the scale without leaning forward and distorting the reading and desperate to know if i have lost some weight before my pre-op had to ask for his help.

I don't know why I wad so embarrassed for him to know the numbers because he is not stupid and knows my Bmi is high enough to qualify for funding. When I asked if it was more or less than he thought he just said that it's not something he has sat pondering - which made me laugh. He is so lovely and has supported me throughout my various diet and exercise regimes.

I just hope my op is a success so we can enjoy many more years together and him not ending up
My carer because of my weight related illnesses. He wouldn't mind but I don't want that to happen. When I think of that I wonder why that isn't enough to keep me going on a diet. Blimey that's a bit deep x

Yes I think it's great to have their support. My sister is really slim but has been married to two real horrors who would make her feel like pooh regarding her looks. Slim she may be but a miserable as sin.

We love walking but because of my dodgy hip we just don't do as much - at least if my hip is permanently damaged more chance of a hip replacement if slimmer.

I was exactly the same. I had always kept my weight a secret untill just before my surgery. I found it quite hard to tell him as I was so ashamed, but now I'm always talking about my weight...how things change!

It's good to know others have been the same. Not sure when my op will be but trying to have a really good go at losing weight before my op. I am in the right frame of mind - probably spurred on by going on holiday in five weeks and the dreaded seat belt extender!!

I know how your feeling too, its hard knowing they are going to find out and I hated my hubby finding out but he has been absolutely brilliant, my weight was never an issue he thought about and he has been extremelly supportive. xx

I'm the same, Mr Smith has been fantastic and very supportive, he is the only person who knows...but have been to all my appts alone up to now as just don't want him to know how much I weigh! Op on Saturday and he'll be taking me to that, wonder if I can get through the day without him finding out! x

My husband has taken me to most appointments but I have made him stay in the waiting room. Perhaps now he knows my weight I will let him come him.

I am looking forward to a long and healthy life together now.

Good luck to everyone on your journeys x

Gosh, very similar story - My hubby found out on the day of my op and wasnt interested at all - never has been - loves me for me and I consider myself one of the lucky ones - and now I share my weight all the time - love going down milestones, and ringing him all excited - like a kid in a sweet shop!! (oh, bad comparison!). Your story WILL be a success - I was the one pre-op saying "but what if it doesnt work for me" etc.. and now cannot believe that everything they said is true - I dont have cravings, I dont miss anything, I have to remind myself to eat, I dont spend all day thinking about what I am going to stuff into my face next - it is happening and I will get to my goal - as will you!! Exciting times ahead xxx

Thank you for encouraging words - think I may have the same consultant as you. Mr Amouri (may have wrong spelling).

Can't wait now.... X

Back