• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

silly question i knw but can you have

pinkylin

tea and coffee after ya op? and can ya have it on pre op low fat food diet as ive been told thats what my pre op diet is my friend is also goin to the same place as me but shes goin b4 me and she want to knw about the tea and coffee not me lol i dont drink much of either really lol ta for the help lin.x

thanx guys my m8 says she uses coffee mate in her coffee forgotto mention this b4 will that still be ok oh and its a low fat pre op diet not milk she doesnt like milk but i do lol so its nice to knw if i do have a cup of tea i can have milk in it lol

I think Coffee Mate is slightly sweetened so I don't think it would be allowed pre op.
After your op. brunetteandred's blog says she had a cup of tea in hospital so I imagine its ok. This is something I'm interested in because I can drink tea for England! xx

I was concerned about this to, but its ok to have the only stipulation I had was not to take your tablets with tea as the caffeine can affect the absorbtion of the vitamins etc..xx

oops i took my santanagen gold this morn with a cup a tea wont be doin that again lol thanx for tha info girlies.xxxx

hiya gaynor well when they give me the go ahead for the pre op diet which wont be for some time yet i will be goin on a very very low fat and very very low portion size food diet not the milk diet.
But my friend could be going on her pre op diet anytime soon as shes just waiting on the hosp ringing her back with a date for the op.

ta gaynor.xxx

I am a total tea-a-holic and was back on the tea the next day - ok so it was only sips and took me a few weeks to devour a normal mug, but at 10 weeks post op I can now consume approx 8 pints a day in my large disney mugs, have a tarvel mug on the way to and from work and a flask while there.I do have decaff after 4pm but I find it weak so usually have 3 bags in the mug. tell your friend she will be fine, but she may be advised to go on decaff at first.

ok ta tpt she will be made up lol although i think she will have to be carefull of the coffee mate she has in it as im sure someone sed its got sugar init.

I am pretty sure coffee mate has nothing good in it so tell her to try and give that a miss for a while - it's all artificial stuff and heavy on the fats and sugars!

ta hun well i dont knw what shes goin to do coz she doesnt like milk whatsoever so she is going to have to find some sort of substitute for it she can drink tea black but needs it for her coffee glad i hardley drink the stuff really plus i do like milk lol

Pinkylin, Tell her to try soya milk, I think thats ok and doesn't taste like normal milk x

ta indianlight i will do hun.xx

Back