• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Flicker of Hope!

Bellydancer57

Back to the doctors today & have been prescribed some anti sickness medicine. Since my anti reflux meds have been increased I'm getting a bit more relief. Manage to eat a little more yesterday & more importantly kept it down & no major pain or discomfort. Had some soft toddlers food for dinner as recommended by doctor but pretty high in protein & low in everything else.
This morning I am pleased to report a flicker downwards on the scales at long last. I know one swallow doesn't make a summer but grateful for anything positive on the eating & WL front the mo!

Pleased to hear small improvement, BD.

Your ongoing probs obv didn't stop you going to Oxford Street and having 'fun, fun, fun' spending in the shops (just saw t'other thread) !!! :) :)

This morning I am pleased to report a flicker downwards on the scales at long last. I know one swallow doesn't make a summer but grateful for anything positive on the eating & WL front the mo!

Good news indeed, and what I will say is (and something similar has been said to me) you have had so many positives on your weight loss journey so when you put all the good that has happened and the issues you have / have had then you are streets ahead on that balance sheet (and any other mix metaphor you may wish to add here).

Good news indeed, and what I will say is (and something similar has been said to me) you have had so many positives on your weight loss journey so when you put all the good that has happened and the issues you have / have had then you are streets ahead on that balance sheet (and any other mix metaphor you may wish to add here).

Oh absolutely agree & terribly grateful - honest. Just the last 2 months have been especially hard having mum so poorly with the cancer, heart attack & suspected stroke. Off to the hospital with her now so dusting myself off & putting on one of my nice new dresses & off we go! Thx for the thoughts.

Just the last 2 months have been especially hard having mum so poorly with the cancer, heart attack & suspected stroke.

And there you have it - another positive or two just there. Just think how much you would have gained through two very terribly hard months in the past. It's these tough times that shows how one has moved from the old self, so I believe, for those of us who used food as a comforter in one form or another.

Off to the hospital with her now so dusting myself off & putting on one of my nice new dresses & off we go!

And nothing better than new slimline outfit to boot too!

LOL sooo true. Good appointment with Mum & she can start her injections next week. The medication today is already starting to help her so now feeling even better & that new outfit also worked well! X

So glad to hear the good news about your mum and also on the eating front :)

Good news with ur mum .xxxx well done with ur weight xx

Sooooo pleased to hear your good news glad your mums better and.things improving.for you too hune May they Long continue bd. Good things do come along hune and the other stuff makes us who we are hune all the best.

Thx guys. Just got some more good news (I'm on a roll ) mum has been granted a level access shower & a stair lift from the Occupationl Therapy team. It's gonna really help. Made a lovely classic winter warmer steak & kidney pudding & Dad came for dinner. Both he & mum really enjoyed their dinner & it made me so happy to see them. Funny I didn't even want or fancied any of it. I'm going to have a high protein onion soup a bit later.
Confession - I bought 2 black cardigans today - I am so out of control. Swoped food addition for retail therapy. You know it's because I think they will sell out of my size & I won't see it again. I need to get it not my head that my new size will be there & there is so much available to me now I've lost weight I just don't have to buy it all at once! LOL

Back