• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A little advice please ...

debbieb

I know I am probably asking too much of my self but .. I due to have a stretch on 23/5, and just a week later I am on a works night out for an Indian meal !!.. It will mean that I will have been on soups and yogurts for 5 months by the time the procedure is carried out, but I would like a little advice as to what you all think will be best to eat !!.. Obviously I want to go out with my friends and colleagues, but I dont want to draw attention to my self as everybody will be watching what I eat.. Am I rushing things, by going out , or has anybody got any suggestions on what I should choose ? .. All answers appreciated.

I have had a bad time with my sleeve & ended up having a stretch. To be honest I am 11 weeks post op & still struggling with foods. I have been going out with friends but only having soup or very soft food like hummus.
Moved onto some purée & soft foods but not managing much despite my stretch.
This week I tried to have some Indian as a change & it's my favourite food. I tried spinach & paneer plus a Tarka Dahl. Soft foods & not too spicy. Also had 1/4 of a popadom. Could only manage a couple of teaspoons & it all came back up after 10 mins. So be careful. I would suggest that if possible as often the case with an Indian restaurant you order lots of side dishes & you just pick your way around them e.g. Mash up bombay potato. No one will notice especially if there's a few of you.

Bellydancer57 said:
I have had a bad time with my sleeve & ended up having a stretch. To be honest I am 11 weeks post op & still struggling with foods. I have been going out with friends but only having soup or very soft food like hummus.
Moved onto some purée & soft foods but not managing much despite my stretch.
This week I tried to have some Indian as a change & it's my favourite food. I tried spinach & paneer plus a Tarka Dahl. Soft foods & not too spicy. Also had 1/4 of a popadom. Could only manage a couple of teaspoons & it all came back up after 10 mins. So be careful. I would suggest that if possible as often the case with an Indian restaurant you order lots of side dishes & you just pick your way around them e.g. Mash up bombay potato. No one will notice especially if there's a few of you.

Thank you,
Indian is not a food that I usually eat , so o wouldn't have a clue what to choose, but you have given me some ideas.

Hi

Most Indian restaurants have mulligatawny soup, which will do the job nicely. Plus Bombay potato which is nice and soft and easily mashed, you can also pinch some of the sauce of someone else's meat dish as they always order more than they eat, don't they :) even something like a vegetable Bargie will probably be soft enough as well, just stay away from the onion or mushroom variety.

Just enjoy your self and ignore all the Jealous looks everyone else is giving you, because you can now control your eating and they can't.

Paul

Steer clear of any bread and rice. Only eat things swimming in sauce, i.e curry, but not Korma, its too creamy and high in fat. Stick with a tomato based curry.

If your going with people you know really well, you can have little tasters of thiers.

Its basically trial and error. Im 2 years into my bypass and have to share one curry, and only can have a spoonful of rice and a tiny bit of nann bread.

Tomato based curries, soft side dishes a little bit of what you fancy. Hopefully after your stretch eating will be easier. Just avoid the rice at 10 months out I still can't eat more than a dessert spoon without my pouch complaining violently, after a lot of complaining.

Back