• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please

salski

As you all know - IM PREGNANT! :D - However I am eating like a pre-opper. Seriously...volumes and food choices are rubbish! I am trying and each day getting a little better, however I wanted some advice...
I wonder if you guys would think it was a bad or good idea to get back on track by doing a 5 day pouch test, or a plan similar to help me regain restriction. I know my baby will be nourished no matter what I eat, but wondered what you guys thought?

Ideas would help please

Sally x

Maybe get your head back into gear rather than doing the pouch test to make sure you and babe are ok. I know from my experiance that it is so easy to go off the rails but its your head that needs to get straight again Maybe someone might be able to answer better than me but I didnt want to read and run

Hi Sal... I would love to help you... but my knowledge doesn't extend far enough... I'm sure someone who has all the experience you need will be along... but I didn't want to pass on your thread.... love and hugs xxx

I found this, hope it helps :)

Is it Okay to Lose Weight During Pregnancy?

There are many gastric bypass patients who continue to lose weight through the entire pregnancy and have healthy babies. This is especially true of patients who have become pregnant before the 18 month time frame has lapsed. Weight loss was once thought to have a negative effect on the fetus, but studies have shown otherwise. The obese woman is losing extra weight. As long as the nutritional values stay within a healthy level, there is no reason why the body would stop losing weight during the pregnancy. As the end of the pregnancy approaches, the weight loss should slow as baby is gaining as much as mom is losing.

Sal...have you checked things out with your midwife?
You probably need many more calories now than before, as your baby especially at this stage, is growing fast.
Yes, she will still grow, but Mummy also needs to be well-nourished to be able to cope with the demands of pegnancy and motherhood.
Personally, I would be aiming for healthy, healthy, healthy, nourishing food, and not worrying too much about volume right now.
As baby grows, your volume is bound to be restricted as she presses against your pouch, in any case.
That's my thoughts as an ex-midwife. Pregnancy IS NOT the time to be dieting! It IS the time to be focusing on GOOD nutrition!

BUT talk to your midwife and team? Best to get it right darling. xxx

Ooooh Im not sure about that Sal, I dont think it would be a good idea to do it now..... but check with your midwife as they might say it will be fine :D XX

I'm with Jacqui Sal i wouldn't think it would be a good idea at the moment. Think you need to concentrate on your average pregnancy healthy options with the odd treat thrown in. Go for the eat little and often. I'm no expert on the situation just speaking as "auntie Allie". Maybe Shell will be along she is the one with the first hand experience! Big hugs xx

Thank you all for your replies. What you guys are saying is making sense, and I should just be looking to eat healthier food and not the crap I am eating now.
With the sugar complications I have had I have basically got into the habit of eating carbs all day every day to keep my sugar levels from dropping and Im now so in the habit, Im afraid of not eating them incase I go back to being so low I cant function?!
Anyway - really thank you.
Im guessing I am best of posting my true food diary each day to help me keep track!
Thank you again :)
Salski xx

I'm deffo not an expert but i'm all for the 'swap the naughtiness for healthiness' brigade :) It's so easy to revert back to bad ways but your noticing it. Give you and your beautiful baby girl a nutritious healthy start xx

perhaps if you are having simple carbs switch to complex ones? They should help with keeping the blood sugar more even instead of so many dips?

The carbs I am chomping ar complex carbs lol...just lots of them ;) x

Thanks again guys xxx

Back