• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi anyone else under the whittington london?

*kayy*

Hi all! My names Kay I'm 37 and a mother of 5! I recently had gall bladder surgery and whilst on the operating table I stopped breathing and surgeons discovered I have a extremely fatty liver. After I had come round from surgery the doctors came to say they thought I would benefit from bariatric surgery, at the time I never took much in as was still feeling the affects of the meds. Two weeks letter a couple of letters arrived one for weight loss surgery education group which I attended last week and consultants appointment is on Monday. what should I expect next?

Last edited:
Hi Sjwood are you under whittington as well? Hows recovery from your op been? Mine was a lot easier than I had anticipated :)

I'm with sunderland hospital for my wls my recovery was very quick form gallbladder removal not too much pain I didn't think it was to bad compared to the pain I went through having gallstones I don't think any pain has come close to having them give me child birth over them any day how are you recovering x

No one could ever understand that pain unless they've been through it them-self, I've had 5 natural labours no pain relief but would cry for pain meds during a gall attack. My surgery was in November so I would say I'm pretty much recovered now although I do get some pain if I eat certain foods.
How far along are you on your wls journey?

I'm just starting my journey I have my seminar in march feels so long away the waiting is killing me just want to get on with it how about you x

Well I've been to the group education class and see the consultant on Monday so I suppose then I will get a bit more of an idea on how long things should take :)

A lady told me things are starting to move quite quickly at sunderland now so once I've had seminar things should move a little quicker than I first thought x

At my group education class they said it could be upto 18 months which was a bit disheartening but I'm just glad to finally be on the journey. X

All hospital do thing differently and different time frame the lady who told me about the waiting said it took her 12-13 months I can cope with that just not 2 years lol x

Back