• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a little tipple

emma ruth

hiya every1 just wondering how long do u wait to go for a night out and have a little tipple of alcohol or two xxxxxxx:7834:

My team told me 12 months! I know people do drink before then and all teams say different.....I was never much of a drinker so it doesnt really bother me. I just think its empty calories and that helps me to stay on the straight and narrow lol :D XX

Go with the advice of your team, if they haven't advised then best check with them x

ahh thanks jacqui 12 months wow they neva really said anything about it to i am a drinker but not a lush haha just a once a weeker haha xxxxx

12 months for me too, I was a goody-2-shoes and stuck to it too.

Love my Malibu and Orange occasionally now though.

12 months for me too. But im such a light weight now excuse the pun. 2 glasses of wine im ok ish 3 drunk and 4 amnesia so i stick with 2...

Wine turns me into a loony nowadays, so I stick to the odd lager now and then;)Am such a lightweight now though:D

My team never said anything about avoiding alcohol, but from reading on here & other places that many providers say 12 months, others say forever......however, really not reality for many people. I think I had my first tipple a few weeks post-op....just a small glass of wine at home in case it hit me hard. I know one of the biggest worries is how alcohol may affect you post-op....personally it doesn't affect me any differently to before the op, but for others, they are now a total lightweight! But quite rightly mentioned, alcohol is empty calories.....I have the odd tipple, maybe a glass or two once a week, but more typically every couple/three weeks.....everything in moderation I say. I generally abstain as basically I don't eat enough calories daily to warrant getting those calories from alcohol.

i waited 3 monthes before i had a drink, then it was only a sip.

It doesn't bother me to be honest and when i do have something it's a glass of lambrusco lol....i love it!!!

My team said 12 months.

Hugs Dee xoxoxo. :) :) :) Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Like angie I had a drink or two only a few weeks out from my op. I went on holiday eight weeks after surgery and had one or two drinks every day but I struggled to drink them!! Certainly no fizzy stuff I stuck to a vodka and orange with lots of ice or a glass of wine.

I only have the occasional drink now and still do enjoy it but not in the quantities I used to manage!!!

Back