• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A massive HELLO!!!

HELLO :)

After struggling with my weight for a good few years now have decided to have a gastric band. I have just had my consultation today and I'm going to get banded on 31 October at DolanPark. I've not told anyone other than my husband and mum, I guess because I don't want to be judged by anyone.

Have been soaking up loads of great information from this forum over the last few weeks, can't wait to get to know you all better x

Hi & welcome!

I was banded at Dolan Park a month ago today (blimey thats flown by!)

Good luck with your upcoming Op, like you i'd been thinking & researching a while, so happy to say so far, no regrets.

Look forward to getting to getting to know you too over the coming weeks :)

Hi I have been to Dolan Park for my consultation :)

Hello and welcome. I was banded at Dolan park over two years ago. Best decision I could have made ... Best of luck. You don't seem to have too much weight to lose according to your stats :D

Hello and welcome!

I was banded at Dolan Park nearly two weeks ago and it was a very positive experience.

All the best with your op!

Hello chick, and welcome!

I was banded via THG two months ago today, though not at Dolan park (I was too heavy).

Hi. A big welcome to you. All the best :)

Thank you for the welcome!

I've not got a massive amount of weight to lose but hope to be able to lose it and keep it off for good this time. I'm so sick of my weight being up and down like a yo yo every year, I lose the weight then put it all back on (plus an extra couple of pounds for good measure). I'm both nervous and excited but know that this is the right option for me.

Welcome :)

I'm a bander too and 13 months post op - it is a wonderful tool if you work with it and make positive choices about how and what you eat. Its not always easy and can be a battle as you work to find restriction, but on the outset I had about 13 stone to lose, over 10 of those have now gone :)

Hello welcome and I hope you have a healthy safe journey

I was banded on the 3rd Oct at The Dolan, so far so good...The hospital itself is basic, clean and efficient
I'm sure you will do just fine, What Surgeon do you have?
keep in touch xxx

Flipping heck Top Kat that's amazing! My surgeon said that the band is a tool and that you really have to work with it but I should lose all of my weight within a year and should be able to keep it off long term.

Minn, my consultant is Mr Sigurdsson, who did you have? Apparently he puts in 3mls at the time of the op so you get a bit of a head start.

Flipping heck Top Kat that's amazing! My surgeon said that the band is a tool and that you really have to work with it but I should lose all of my weight within a year and should be able to keep it off long term.

Minn, my consultant is Mr Sigurdsson, who did you have? Apparently he puts in 3mls at the time of the op so you get a bit of a head start.

Hi I had Mr Richardson
I had a 14 ml band fitted and was told he put 5mls in already..
I do feel some restriction when I drink I have to drink slowly at moment and I am being cautious as I was only banded a few days ago..

I want to do it all the right way:)

Back