• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A need a little advice please

minnieme62

Hi everyone I'm almost at the end of the 3 months to hit the weight loss target I've lost over my target and at the rate I'm loosing I will be well under the weight they set for me do you think this will look bad or better what have been your targets and did you's go well under what they set hope this makes sense thank you

First off well done on reaching your target! I would like to think that still continuing to lose weight should be seen as a good thing , it shows your commitment to the process and that you mean business and it helps you to remain focused on reaching your ultimate goal...WLS !

Thank you Los in it for the reply I just wasn't sure if people try to stick around the goal giving to them by dietician or keep going I'm so paranoid something is going to get in the way of surgery.xx

Hi Zara I haven't lost a massive amount just more than my target and if it keeps coming off like it has i will well under it I've been giving it 100% I don't do a lot of exorcize as I have back problems I promised myself once I'd hit my target I would have myself something nice to eat and not care what it was but once I did I couldn't do it and wanted to keep going.xx

I admire your commitment and so will the hospital :) wtg hunni ........... its amazing how doing so well keeps us spurred on ....keep it going x x x

Lose as much as you are comfortable with. The hospital are there to give you a realistic target but if you smash it (as I hope to), then go 4 it. BMI guides state a healthy 22 is the best, so try to hover around there at the lowest :D

Hi crystal rainbow and thank you I seem to keep going when I see the scales moving each time I hope they see that I'm very serious about having surgery xx

Hi excitedbutnervous well I can say I'm nowhere near a bmi of 22 hopefully one day lol how are you doing with your weight loss target xx

Hi excitedbutnervous well I can say I'm nowhere near a bmi of 22 hopefully one day lol how are you doing with your weight loss target xx

I may only 2 weeks post op, so miles away yet. I have been told to expect a 70% loss but I am aiming for the stars and want 100% :)

I had the sleeve :)

Keep going but be careful :) What you have achieved so far is brilliant!

My hospital target was 14st 7lbs (70% loss) I'm now at 10st 2lbs (101+% loss with saggy skin!!) and now being told to gain weight as it's far over what was suggested. My team said to never expect a 'normal' BMI, however, I've already reached it but I'm being monitored for malnutrition :/

Your weight loss will slow down I'm sure. I also want to aim for 100% excess weight loss - we've all seen lots of inspiring before & after pictures, so we know it can be done if you put the work in :)

Hi flickalicious thank you for the reply malnutrition is something I worry about when it comes to having the surgery can I ask what they do if that happens what are the doctors doing for you sorry for the questions just this could help me with one of my concerns xx

Hi Sheffieldamanda thanks for the reply yes wouldn't it be great for that hundred 100% no harm in hoping and aiming is there lol where are you on you journey I'm still quite a bit away from my surgery but hoping time does fly xx

Well so far my dietitian is helping me with different meal and snack ideas. I've been told to add butter, mayo etc to food and have jersey milk or even cream to drink. It's crazy. I need to make sure that I'm taking the right tablets everyday too.
What doesn't help is the fact I fell pregnant 6 months after the op and I was still losing rapidly. It was a rare case because of my circumstances but if you stick to your teams advice you'll be fine hun! :)

Thank you for putting my mind at ease I shouldn't let it worry me too much now as it seems they are helping you with your situation and hope it's not too long before your sorted.

i was told that after 2 years there may be a slight gain in weight, has anyone experienced this?

Hi mrsjm I've notice our appointments have been in same months even our next appointments are two days apart can I ask what date your seminar was on xx

Back