• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a newbie with a few questions

ive just been to my doctor, spoke to him about getting a gastric band and he didnt seem to happy about it. he told me i needed to do an advanced level 3 weight consultation. i have no idea what that is and would be grateful if anyone has done it or can tell me what to expect, he said it could lead onto surgery then sent me on my way.

i was reffered to weight management form my gp to see a consulatant and when i got there they basically asked me what type of surgery i want and then wrote back to my gp to ask them to apply for funding, but you have to meet the criteria set out by your local NHS PCT x

hope that helps at all

Hi I would presume it is level 3 weight management where you go and have group meetings and do group exercise, it changes from 8 weeks to 1 year on this course depending where you are in England. It's not too bad but you have to show you are committed and not miss session and loose some weight. It is normally a required hoop to jump through before they refer you for wlsurgery. Good luck x

thankyou for the help, im in the northeast of england and i have a bmi of 41.9. also have hereditary diabetes and kidney failure in my family so he said he was concerned about that.

but i will smile and hoop jump for them. done the SWIM weight management fittness thing before and it was just a skinny woman patronising me

thankyou for the help, im in the northeast of england and i have a bmi of 41.9. also have hereditary diabetes and kidney failure in my family so he said he was concerned about that.

but i will smile and hoop jump for them. done the SWIM weight management fittness thing before and it was just a skinny woman patronising me
im a celebrity slim girl- going ss for the first 8 weeks then stepping up

what does that mean? lol

Back