• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi im new:)

emzie88

hi everyone, im new to this website, my name is emma im 22 and ive been thinking about a gastric band for a while, i have been to my gp and he has referred me to a surgeon which i havent heard off yet ( only been a week) but he himself never took any interest and never told me what to expect or anything. i have got a consultation booked with the hospital group in birmingham because i think the nhs will mess me around and would like to see my options when it comes to finance or a loan so fingers crossed it will be done either way!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome aboard hun xx Lots of info available on here so have a really good read and enjoy being here x

Hi I had mine done there, with regards to financial at the hospital group when I rang there finance company they said that they only did finance on cosmetic surgery. I told them the hospital group website said otherwise and then they were prepared to honour it. Hope this helps

Hi again, thanks for your messages and for informing me about the finance, I have been looking into loans so will look deeper into that now thanks all xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

emzie88 said:
hi everyone, im new to this website, my name is emma im 22 and ive been thinking about a gastric band for a while, i have been to my gp and he has referred me to a surgeon which i havent heard off yet ( only been a week) but he himself never took any interest and never told me what to expect or anything. i have got a consultation booked with the hospital group in birmingham because i think the nhs will mess me around and would like to see my options when it comes to finance or a loan so fingers crossed it will be done either way!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi how do u write on here I had my band done with the hospital group very good

:welcome: Emma. I had my band done at Dolan park too. Good luck with sorting your finances, I know it's alot of money to part with!
I don't regret mine for a moment though.
Any questions, I'd be happy to help.
Karen xxx

Miss hungry said:
:welcome: Emma. I had my band done at Dolan park too. Good luck with sorting your finances, I know it's alot of money to part with!
I don't regret mine for a moment though.
Any questions, I'd be happy to help.
Karen xxx

Hi Karen thanks for your message I have just been accepted for a loan so don't no whether to go for it or wait to
B messed around by the nhs, I want it so bad and everyones telling me to wait but they don't no how I feel cx

Hi Karen thanks for your message I have just been accepted for a loan so don't no whether to go for it or wait to
B messed around by the nhs, I want it so bad and everyones telling me to wait but they don't no how I feel cx

I know just how you feel. Once you have made up your mind that you want the surgery, the thought of having to wait on the NHS is intolerable.
Turned out that I wasn't suitable for NHS anyway. When I booked my consultation at THG I also pre booked a surgery date. So I only had to wait a month (which seemed to go on forever!)
If I had been accepted by the NHS, if I'd had to have waited more than a few months, I probably would of gone private anyway.
Tough decision though!

I no that I can afford the loan payments so I wish people would just let me do it as I also have a lot of comments made to me at work, I'm a hairdresser and one lady said " my daughter works for the nhs and she told me that obese people like u will cost the nhs millions" now I could have cried! And she has also made me feel bad for doing it but I don't no y as everybody has things they need help with and smokers and alcholics can get help so y not us! Some ppl are just heartless o suppose but I wouldn't ever talk like that to any one so it'll b nice to get away from jokes and comments x

emzie88 said:
I no that I can afford the loan payments so I wish people would just let me do it as I also have a lot of comments made to me at work, I'm a hairdresser and one lady said " my daughter works for the nhs and she told me that obese people like u will cost the nhs millions" now I could have cried! And she has also made me feel bad for doing it but I don't no y as everybody has things they need help with and smokers and alcholics can get help so y not us! Some ppl are just heartless o suppose but I wouldn't ever talk like that to any one so it'll b nice to get away from jokes and comments x

Wait first see if you get approved and how long it's going to take
No one should judge you for your weight and getting help from NHS look hoe many drug users etc get help!!
I choice private because I reckoned the money I'm paying will have being same as all the takeaways and junk I bought haha
Xxxx

That woman was a callous cow. No one understands the way obesity affects your life until its you. I know what you mean about making the decision and just wanting to go for it. It is exactly what I did, I went from first phone call through consultations, diet (and including a holiday in the middle) within 8 weeks. Best thing I ever did. But you have to do whats best for you, not for anyone else. x

Hi, I'm
Going to wait a couple more weeks for the hospital and I'll either contact them to c about their waiting list or I'll just get my loan and get it done! Can't stand being like this anymore!

Wishing you the best of luck with your decision Emma

Ignore the discriminatory bigots Hun they are not fit to wipe your backside. People seem to be so anti big people yet if you were an alchie or a druggie they wouldn't know any different because we are big we are visible and a easy target. Yet these people cost far more to the NHS than we do and the majority don't hold down a decent job like you do... Stuff em I say. Keep you chin up Mate and good luck in your journey to a new you. God Bless. xx

It's so nice to talk to ppl who understand ! Never had that b4 so thx for all your kind and helpful messages ! I told my grandparents yesterday and that was a big thing lol so scared but they were surprisingly pleased lol so determined to do it now , good luck and best wishes to everybody on here we all deserve it lol !!

Back