• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newcastle girl with some questions

My doctor was the same minx he said I didn't look that fat because I'm tall, people don't believe me when I say I'm a size 22.

I think I understand now, so I do the 8 week course then go see my doctor and get referred to the hospital then I go to a seminar where I apply for funding then hopefully get wls

So just to clarify do i ask my doctor to refer me to the hospital or to do the 8 week weight course, then go back to him and ask to be referred to the hospital??
Thanks

You could ask to be referred now (would take a couple of months off time to surgery) but if your docs an arse he might want you to complete the weight management course first.

if your invited to seminar don't worry about funding as it is already place. X x x

So just to clarify do i ask my doctor to refer me to the hospital or to do the 8 week weight course, then go back to him and ask to be referred to the hospital??
Thanks

In South Tyneside, there is a 6 week course I think that I did before I was referred, it used to be held at Temple Park x x

Brilliant thanks, well as i have said in my other post, I have had a call off the PCT today and they are emailing me all the info about what surgery I can have, so I can go to my doctor with the correct info for my fight, and if he wont refer me still the will take it down the formal complaints procedure.
I was going tomorrow but il wait til the info comes through.

I got referred by my doc yesterday he wasnt aware the guidelines was BMI of 40 so he has asked me to print off my info to include with the referral which I have done. Hopefully it all doesnt take ages!

im still waiting for my appointment for the weight loss managment course :( hope it comes this week i want it done before xmas :)

Back