• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A newbie :-)

marie2013

Hi all

I'm new to all this and hoping to find people to share my journey with the good,bad and the ugly :sigh:

31st July 2012 - Gp Referral
10th August - 1st appointment at Walsall Manor Hospital with surgeon
Appointment went well.could not see the dietitian as it was her day off so appointment booked for group session. Pre-op bloods taken and appointments made for a Barium Swallow X-ray and a sleep apnia test . Funding not in place but Mr Khan said he feels hopeful it will be put in place.
The ball move very fast in 10days :)

29th August - Barium Swallow it was not as bad as i thought it would be after all the storys people told me lol. All was fine no problem.

19th September - Group session

23rd October - Sleep Apnia test - positive for sleep apnia :(
My life is so much better now i have my cpap machine could not be without it. I have more get up and go and i am not falling asleep all the time.

1st November - Collected my cpap machine

9th November - First appointment with Dr Kendrick (physiologist)
Weight 21st 2lb . He wants a 6lb loss by next appointment.

18th January 2013 - Second appointment with Dr Kendrick
I'm now 20st :) and have been signed off he dose not want to see me for 10mths. He also said my funding has come :) happy days. He said i should get a slot for the beginning of March the beginning of April and i will be getting 2 letters in a week or so to meet the nurses and see the anesatist followed but the pre-op diet.

Well that is everything so far :)

Hello welcome to the forum hun xx

hi Marie :) well done getting funding and going through all the tests good luck with your op xxx

Welcome Marie! Congrats on getting this far.. not long now. Good luck with your journey and enjoy the forum.

Back