• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A packing for hospital question

slimmerkay

I only have one nightie and it' a pretty heavy winter material. I have PJs (long and short) that are slack on the waist.

Is it ok to take the PJs instead or would a nightie be better because of the belly wounds?

I wore a nightie with knickers on so when they inspect the wounds it was not embarrassing!!! LOL!

PJs would be ok as long as they are really loose in the waiste!

I wouldn't take really warm nightie as the hospitals are usually waaaaay tooooo hot! I didnt get any sleep at all, and had a permanent headache whilst in hospital because of the heat. Even though I opened every possible window and had the fan on full power the whole time!

I would take the nightie, PJ's will probably rub but also they might only let you wear the hospital gowns, it depends on the hospital.

Give them a call to find out :)

I'll buy some nighties in then. Will just get some cheapies because I'm reluctant to spend money on a size I wont need soon :D

I took both and wore both. My pjs were nowhere near my wound sites. Also, our ward was cold some nights! unusual I know! take a cardy or something just in case. I was glad of mine.

Karen pop in Asda, they have the nightshirts cheap usually. I found them so cheap it didn't matter if they got too big too quickly xxx

Asda by me goes up to a 24 and one a bit further a size 28. Your stats are smaller than mine so i'm guessing you'll find one to fit x

If you have a catheter in you won't be wanting pj's on hun x

I'm planning to take nighties as I think they'll be cooler, plus I'm not really a PJ person. Quality save or it could have been Lidls have those refreshing water spritzers for the body and face on sale for around £1/1.50.

Rebirth

Back