• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions before going into hospital (Walsall)!!

chivasgirl

Okay, got 1 more day at work after today, stomach is starting to churn well, and I have suddenly realised I really need to sort stuff out before I go in!!! I have a couple of questions:
  1. What is the phone number I need to ring to find out if there is a bed available?
  2. On the day you go in, are you allowed to wander off anywhere or are you confined to bed/chair? Just thinking that my hubby will want to hang around rather than drive 50 miles home and 50 miles back, to visit in the evening, and so was wondering whether I'd be able to go to the hospital cafe or just for a walk even.
  3. Do I need to take my own towel(s)? Are the ones at Walsall very small??!!
  4. How much space is there in the cupboard you put your clothes in, and is anything lockable?
  5. Can you charge your mobile?!
  6. On the day, where should we park and where is ward 11?!?!
That's all I can think of for now! Ought to start putting stuff in my bag now. I don't have anything but 1 pair of pjs, some tee-shirts and loose jogging bottoms, and am wondering if I ought to go and buy a nightie or another pair of pjs before I go in... don't normally wear any as always too hot, so it's an expense I could do without!!! I presume you are allowed to put things like jogging bottoms on, that I wouldn't be ostracised on the bariatric ward!!!!!!

Right, off to do a bit more work. Getting kinda nervous now, stomach churning alot and don't feel like my yogs. Just going to have my chicken Knorr stockpot as that will help me feel a bit better!!

Thanks in advance
Lorna

These were the very questions I was pondering! You'll soon be on the losing side Lorna - good luck and big hugs Zxx

Hello e1

i was just wondering why your provider did not give you this information anyway !!! I cannot answer but didnt wanna read and run

all the best - mejulie x x

BD - well I suppose I could ring and ask them, but I find it much better to get the first hand experience on here ;)
ZC - if I find out then so will you!!

Okay, got 1 more day at work after today, stomach is starting to churn well, and I have suddenly realised I really need to sort stuff out before I go in!!! I have a couple of questions:
  1. What is the phone number I need to ring to find out if there is a bed available?
  2. On the day you go in, are you allowed to wander off anywhere or are you confined to bed/chair? Just thinking that my hubby will want to hang around rather than drive 50 miles home and 50 miles back, to visit in the evening, and so was wondering whether I'd be able to go to the hospital cafe or just for a walk even.
  3. Do I need to take my own towel(s)? Are the ones at Walsall very small??!!
  4. How much space is there in the cupboard you put your clothes in, and is anything lockable?
  5. Can you charge your mobile?!
  6. On the day, where should we park and where is ward 11?!?!
That's all I can think of for now! Ought to start putting stuff in my bag now. I don't have anything but 1 pair of pjs, some tee-shirts and loose jogging bottoms, and am wondering if I ought to go and buy a nightie or another pair of pjs before I go in... don't normally wear any as always too hot, so it's an expense I could do without!!! I presume you are allowed to put things like jogging bottoms on, that I wouldn't be ostracised on the bariatric ward!!!!!!

Right, off to do a bit more work. Getting kinda nervous now, stomach churning alot and don't feel like my yogs. Just going to have my chicken Knorr stockpot as that will help me feel a bit better!!

Thanks in advance
Lorna

Hi, Walsall Manor for Bypass etc.

1. - ring the hospital Arrivals Lounge number is 01922 721172 ext. 6124 - number on your admission letter and they will put you through to the correct ward - I'm guessing Ward 11 Swan Ward.
2.Hubby may not be allowed to stay on ward with you, but there is a cafe that he can sit in until the next visiting time. Once you are admitted, you will need to be around because they come and check blood pressure etc. etc.
3. I took 2 towels. They did provide some for me too which I used as well as my own.
4. I found there was plenty of space in my cupboard, the towels hung at the back of the cupboard and my overnight bag sat behind it. The top drawer is for meds and the nursing staff keep the key.
5. There were sockets around to charge my phone and no one stopped me.
6. The main car park is well signed. There is a map of the hospital on the corner by Sister Dora unit, but Ward 11 is just across the road from there. You go into the main hospital entrance called 'The West Wing', ask at the main desk, and they'll direct you.

Hope thats a help. x x

Thanks for the info LG! My letter says to report to Ward 11 and doesn't give any phone number except that of the secretary to Miss Heitmann for confirming you want the date! So all your info is much appreciated.
Lorna

Hi, Walsall Manor for Bypass etc.

1. - ring the hospital Arrivals Lounge number is 01922 721172 ext. 6124 - number on your admission letter and they will put you through to the correct ward - I'm guessing Ward 11 Swan Ward.
2.Hubby may not be allowed to stay on ward with you, but there is a cafe that he can sit in until the next visiting time. Once you are admitted, you will need to be around because they come and check blood pressure etc. etc.
3. I took 2 towels. They did provide some for me too which I used as well as my own.
4. I found there was plenty of space in my cupboard, the towels hung at the back of the cupboard and my overnight bag sat behind it. The top drawer is for meds and the nursing staff keep the key.
5. There were sockets around to charge my phone and no one stopped me.
6. The main car park is well signed. There is a map of the hospital on the corner by Sister Dora unit, but Ward 11 is just across the road from there. You go into the main hospital entrance called 'The West Wing', ask at the main desk, and they'll direct you.

Hope thats a help. x x

Brilliant! You've answered all my questions, too! Thanks. :thankyou:

Back