• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A plea from the heart

Nanny Og

Right folks I need some help to get back on track.

I'm two and a half years post bypass. Have been very successful and lost all my xs weight. I've recently had a tt and my body looks good.

I should be on cloud nine and singing from the roof tops.

I'm not I am so negative about everything my job my family my marriage my health.

I need help to findy happy place again. I won't go to the docs as I won't take happy pills they screw you up more than they help.

My eating habits are going back to the old way as I don't see the point. Stupid really.

I would like to hear if I'm the only one who feels like this and some cheap and easy family meal suggestions. Also lunch suggestions as we don't have a canteen at work.

What does everyone snack on

Sorry for the long self indulgent post but I need help

Thanks

I think it is something most of us endure once we hit that stage. old habits creep back and before we know it we put bit of weight back on. I have managed to put a stone on, I work 24hr shifts and the night time is worst from 5pm we are lone working, it can be stressful and when we stressed whsat do we turn to sweet stuff. Idon't know what the answer is I am just over 3 yrs now and its a struggle at times. I still dump occasionally. Somet days Ifeel like I have PMT YET I had my last period before my op, so?? that is what it feels also sounds like a bit of depression. Try to get out and about more, do things you enjoy n not what just others want. there ois no quick fix its the head again turning us upside down. Good luck and rest assured there are lots of us feeling exactly the same as you just we have voiced it also and either everyone avoids it or on some occasions some one has come along and made us wish we never mentioned it. Onwards and upwards only way to go push yourself onwards. Well done for doing what you have its a great achievement. xxxxx

I suppose it does some days acouple of bites and I feel so full other days nothing satisfies and I could eat the entire day

Yeah it can stretch over the time. Obviously we don't want it to so have to be careful. If you overeat you will know about it. It will be painful. For lunch today I have had pasta with chicken and mushrooms, red pepper and onion, 3was lovely, waited bout 15 mins n had a small amount of home made apple crumbel n custard, could eta very little could feel the pasta bloating me out. Have managed a cuppa tea but the feeling was not nice at all. Trial and error most of the time what you feel like one day will be different to the next. x

Please see the doctor. They are more likely to refer for counselling than sticking you on tablets these days xx

Back