• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Meltdown!

Good to hear you feeling much brighter its a long rocky road its no quick fix like some of our so called friends like to think lol x

Hurrah Nic, that you are feeling better about things. we all have good days and not so good days xxx

Too true Chrisa - they think a magic wand has been waved over us. They have not got A CLUE!! Makes me so mad - one at work said to me the other day "Well, you don't stop eating. You eat more than me! And you will never get fat again". Of course I don't eat "more" than her - I eat often, true. When I need to - three 'quality' meals and three snacks. So yes, it may appear that I am always eating but ... Getting fat again? Possibly yes, if something goes wrong with me physically or mentally I guess I must be prepared for that to happen, and we therefore have the constant battle to stay on track which they cannot even begin to start to realise what a challenge that one is alone ... Grrrr!

Removed a small uterine polyp from near right tube. Everything else looked ok. Very sore now but home! Awaiting IVF referral now. Is it finally happening?! xx

Wow well done Nicola. Here hoping next year is your year its time to look forward and enjoy the frits of your labour and the new healthy you xx

Awwwww Nicola ...glad you are feeling a bit better and so sorry I missed this as I have been kind of out of the loop myself lately. I can understand where you are coming from through. Hubby is comfortable with the extra attention I get but I (and others) are not. I don't flirt, I don't put myself into flirtatious situations and I have no need for the attention. I have went from being by far the largest person in our family to the thinnest and although it's not blatant jealousy it's there all the same and it's no longer a pleasure to announce milestones in my journey. I can only do that now with hubby and here with people who know how it all feels. The psychological side of wls is so underestimated. It's assummed by people that once you get to there or thereabouts to your target you must be/should be happy about everything which sadly is not the case. A couple of weeks ago I found myself saying to my OH at a particularly low time that there is sometimes I wished I hadnt had my surgery as life was so much simpler at 27&half stone. It sounded so ungrateful at the time but looking back I can see why I felt like that. Life was so much simpler I merely existed 2 years ago.. And no I most certainly do not want to go back! Hang in there Nicola Xxx

As Frankie says, it is overwhelming - fact. xxx

Glad Nic that you are OK after your procedure and on to the next journey -project baby. Fingers crossed for this time next year maybe x

Thought I'd experiment and eat a chocolate biscuit today. Costly mistake - been dumping for an hour now! :/ what an eejit!!

Ohhhh Nicola poor you. I know that feeling well ... Did it the other night when I downed a whole tin of Heinz tomato soup ... It was yummy but oh so not worth the four hours of hell afterwards. Hope you feel better today hun ((((hugs))))

sometime you just don't know what will happen till its too late our bodies don't always have any rhyme or reason. x

Exactly Chrisa .. I get away with tomato soup usually just not this time :/

You know Frankie, I cannot work your system out! heinz tom soup was on my 'prescribed' post-op simple fluids list from one of the strictest providers out there. That is really tough going for you. xxx

It was in mine too lilac and its never made me dump before but it was the full works classic dumping syndrome episode. Took me totally by surprise :mad:

Tbh I'm still grateful for it lilac .. It's a great deterrent but there are times it does throw a spanner into the works unexpectedly :rolleyes:

Back