• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A question about funding

I'm still waiting for funding but have been told to lose 7kg. Dr & nurse warned me surgery could be refused/cancelled if I don't lose or if I gain weight.

Sue, now that you have had the letter saying you are on Mr Khan's waiting list it is safe for you to start trying to lose a little weight. I cant remember what your starting weight is and you dont have a ticker but I would just say try to avoid dropping below the funding criteria guidelines to be on the safe side. As far as I am aware they would only not go ahead with the op if anything came up at your pre op tests showing you were unfit for surgery. Otherwise its a dead cert now hun xx

Sam is right.

Sue, now that you have had the letter saying you are on Mr Khan's waiting list it is safe for you to start trying to lose a little weight. I cant remember what your starting weight is and you dont have a ticker but I would just say try to avoid dropping below the funding criteria guidelines to be on the safe side. As far as I am aware they would only not go ahead with the op if anything came up at your pre op tests showing you were unfit for surgery. Otherwise its a dead cert now hun xx

Sam is right.

Thanks for that. xx

My BMI is 42, but I do have co-morbidities, so I think I should be ok. I think I'm just going to be sensible with my eating.

Hope the pre-op diet is going ok Sam

Hope the pre-op diet is going ok Sam

Its going OK thanks Sue. I could cry with hunger but I will not give in. Some days the hunger is worse than others, but I'm nearly there now.

ANy news on pre op dates for you yet Sue?

I was told my BMI/weight is counted from my 1st weigh in at my 1st appointment with consultant. Any weight I lost would not count against me, but just make the operation safer.

Back