• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a waiting game!

Hi everyone! I know everywhere is different but I had my pre op in December and I'm still waiting for a date! (lap band) how long did everyone else have to wait? Just to get a date would be nice :) x

Hi hun, its so different everywhere but I waited altogether approx 2 yrs. After pre-op I reckon it wasnt that long really.....maybe 6-12 weeks. Sorry I cant be more specific XX

I had to go private so I can't help there but wanted to wish you all the best x

I rang my consultant's secretary once the psychologist had approved me and she booked me in for the next available date - that was about 6 weeks away from the time I called.

Hi love, are you having your wls at the Northern General?
Are you under Mr Patel or Mr Ackroyd?

I had my pre op back in September last year and had my wls two weeks ago.

Things are starting to move quicker now that the bad weather is over and the lists are moving down.

Ring the secretary and ask her where abouts you are on the list, thats assuming you are not going private.

Hope this helps love. x

dunno luv but good luck with that and hope you get your date soon x

Thankyou everyone!! Sugga u might remember I should have been havin the sleeve but got turned down!! I'm know having the band with dr ackroyd! I've been at top of wAiting list for 2 weeks but still no joy! They must get sick of me ringing! I just want it done yesterday xx

I feel for you just keep ringing if you're at the top of the list it shouldn't be long now. I'm off to meet with some others from Sheffield fir coffee this morning so will see if they've got any info on the waiting lists at the moment x

Hi Sheff girl, its good news that you are at the top of the list so you shouldnt be long now. I was 3rd on the list since beginning of December last year but all wls were stopped cos of the flu epidemic and cancer patients and bad weather. Finally had my surgery in Feb.

I will say be prepared for your letter to drop at anytime shortly and also be prepared to start your milk and yogurt diet almost straight away. I was given 3 days notice by letter then it was straight onto the milk diet then op..no time to think at all. I dont think you will be long at all and you will be pleasantly surprised ha it will be all systems go and you will be in a whirl wind of excitement and worry all mixed into one hahaha..cant wait to here when your date is ill be looking out for it. xxxx

Have a nice time this morning boo i will be joining you all when i feel confident enough to meet you all. xxxx

I think the way these hospitals are treating us is appalling. There is no service whatsoever!
I too have had all my appointments and pre ops and just waiting for a date.
I need to know so that I can make arrangements but they won't even give me the courtesy of a rough idea of date! Do they honestly think we have no lives to lead?
I called PALS who promised me that the manager would call me within 10 working days, this has not happened and I allowed an extra two days. I will escalate this into a formal complaint on Monday. I am honestly sick and tired of the cavalier attitude us people awaiting ops are being treated with! The hospital has had the money from the PCT since July so I cannot change hospitals so I am stuck in their appalling system just like so many others! The sad thing is this is generally the attitude no matter what hospital you are with although there are some really good ones out there, sadly mine is not!

Back