• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stall

dinkydink

I had my band on 16th may, I lost 14lbs before then (from 15th April) and 6lbs last week, but nothing this week. It's so disheartening! Is this a normal time for a stall?? Is there anything I can do to kick start it again?? I'm just going on to purée stuff now and soft foods. I'm so impatient!! I'm sticking to around 1200 calories on my fitness pal. It's not feeling worth it at the moment :( In other news if you followed my other post, I don't want to divorce my hubby anymore!! Stupid hormones...!!!

Nothings 'normal' with this banding malarky - this is your journey!

You are doing really well but if you find you have another stay the same I would suggest drinking more water, include protein in your meals, aim for low fat ie 5% and up your exercise (if you can).

Good luck xx

I stalled for a few weeks at the beginning. Look where I am now. It could be down to lots of things. Keep up the good work, and dont let the negative thoughts take over. Even if you weigh yourself weekly (or daily) remember we can fluctuate through a month normally anyway, so think of your weight loss journey maybe on a monthly basis overall instead of weekly. Give yourself some mini goals which are non weight related too ... To help maintain your focus when the pounds may be slower to drop off than you want xxx

6 pounds in a week??? It can take me 4 to 7 weeks to loose amount, don't get disheartened so quickly, its a long journey not a race you ll have more moments of not looking as much but take comfort in the fact that you are not putting weight on. It's not a quick fix

Thanks for your replies! I think the 6lb was because of the surgery and not being able to eat at all really! I was getting about 600 calories a day. I think because I've upped it to 1200 and nothing's happening that I'm panicking I'm eating too much now!!! I know I have to be patient I think I'm so frightened of putting it all back on. Thank you!! X

Don't worry dink I had my op 28th April lost 14 pounds before and have only lost and only lost 8 pounds since :( but I dounderstand that our body are healing, and also our livers a refilling after a keytosis based diet , so some ppl even gain keep your chin up it all part of the process xxxxx

I feel the same, since my op, (almost 9 weeks), I've only lost 15lbs, it is very disheartening :-(, you do everything right that you are told to and yet you feel like nothing is happening

It is hard! I've lost a pound a day since I started this thread though :) keep up the good work you are doing really well x

Everyone stalls for a couple of weeks in the early days just don't let that deter you and slip back into old bad habits. Your body is adjusting...you've shocked it to the extreme and it needs time to adjust to its new regime!x

Back