• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A week today till balloon removal

*Sparkles*

2009 = New me!
:sigh: and im feeling really nervous!
my weight hasnt shifted in nearly 3 weeks and i am hoping for a loss tomorrow.
I have also to follow a liquid only diet for 3 days pre - removal...kinda struggling with that as I will be working and doing 12 hr shifts...mmmmm any ideas of what i can have?

Best of luck for your balloon removal hun. Don't know what you are allowed for your liquid diet? Can you have fruit smoothies or maybe slimfast? Protein drinks might be good. Not sure what to suggest so I'll just say take care & let us know how you get on.

Nic:p

Good Luck Sparkles ,

Me and my balloon are parting company tomorrow morning ,my daughter has asked if i can ask for it as a souvenir :eek: ermmm dont think so lol.

I am on the milk and yoghurt diet ready for my gastric sleeve op next wednesday so i will already be on fluids,but i agree with Nic`s suggestion of slimfast and smoothies .

I work 12hr shifts as well and this milk and yoghurt diet doesnt help the hours go by without thinking of food,i am working nights the night before my op,that is going to be a long night :eek: but at least i will get sleep the next day lol.

Di xx

Hi
Is the balloon only temp then ? what is a gastris sleeve sorry to be so dense !!!!
Thanks just nosey
Oh and best of luck
x

Hiya fbn4va,

Your not dense at all,some people have heard of these things and some havent .

The balloon can only stay in your stomach for 6 months then has too be remove,due to stomach acid evasion so i have been told.

As for the sleeve it reduces the size of the stomach by about 75%. It is divided vertically from top to bottom leaving a banana shaped stomach
Have a look here and see sleeve gastrectomy.

Di xx

thanks i never thought about smoothies and that...hmmm need to have a serious think about it as working.
Thanks for the advice anyway!

Speedy recovery 4 ur op, and thanks for the link (even for someone else) still had a nose and made interesting reading.

All the best - julie ;)

good luck sparkles ,

me and my balloon are parting company tomorrow morning ,my daughter has asked if i can ask for it as a souvenir :eek: Ermmm dont think so lol.

I am on the milk and yoghurt diet ready for my gastric sleeve op next wednesday so i will already be on fluids,but i agree with nic`s suggestion of slimfast and smoothies .

I work 12hr shifts as well and this milk and yoghurt diet doesnt help the hours go by without thinking of food,i am working nights the night before my op,that is going to be a long night :eek: But at least i will get sleep the next day lol.

Di xx

Hi there, how did the removal go? Im new to the site, and just about to go in for the balloon at Rosshall (I noticed you were Glasgow too). Did you go there for it, if so how was it? You look like you have done so well, I'm looking up your posts as a motivation for me before I go in on Thurs 2nd July. Your loss is almost exactly what I am looking to do so please let me know any tips at all that you have!
BB x

hi balloon ies!! i was just wondering if you feel the balloon has been worth it and would you recommend it bearing in mind its not far off the cost for a gastric band which would last longer?

Hi there, the balloon is a temporary measure, basically gives you 6 months to sort out your eating patterns/ help lose weight then its all up to yourself. It's non surgical and you get a support programme (well the one I have in the UK does) to help you work to the lifestyle that you want. I am just about to go in - next Thursday so will keep you all posted on how it goes...

Back