• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Spatz Balloon : loads of questions....

Sez809

Hello all. I am sooo hoping you can offer me some advice please! I am 5ft5ins, and I weigh about 19.5 stone, (gulp, that sounds so bad...........). I had been researching surgery, but my OH is VERY anti, and although I have money of my own(!!) I wont go ahead without him on board. A few years ago, I lost about 8.5 stone on a vlcd, but my relationship with food never changed, so once I began to eat again......on went the weight at a rate of knots.

I have been looking at the Spatz balloon, as it can be topped up and adjusted and is designed to be in place for 12 months, rather than the 6 of other bands. I feel it would help me, but am concerned about my mental state afterwards. Would I eat as I had before, for example? Are there many complications that would cause me issues. I have read about the nausea and vomiting, I think I could handle that. It is more serious side effects I am concerned about. (If I had it done sooner rather than later, I wonder if I need tell my travel insurance company before my upcoming summer hols??)

I am hoping to have this done as local to me as possible (I live in Dorset.), and am looking at a company called the National Obesity Surgery Centre, any thougts? I think they are a national company?

Finally, any idea on the costs involved? Is it a cheaper option than surgery such as the band, and what do you get in the way of follow up?

I am sorry to ask so much. I have been reading many of your stories avidly, and find that you are all so helpful and supportive. It breaks my heart that I have come to this, but there you are...........

Thanks in advance

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah, I have a spatz fitted by nosc. I have it two weeks.so far I have lost 17 lbs. I love it so far. I have 500 ml. I had a couple of days of being sick but I have been very lucky and tolerate it well. Please feel free to ask any questions you wish. I have found the nosc brilliant so far. I am starting my cbt with them next week. I have no regrets but I know others have not been so lucky.

Hi RoseMcnose
Im going to have the spatz balloon fitted in the middle of April in Manchester.
I have searched and searched and just seen your post and would like to know how it is going for you? are you happy with the treatment? have you lost any weight? how do you feel?
I really would apprciate your help in this.

Best regards

Mary

Hi RoseMcnose
Im going to have the spatz balloon fitted in the middle of April in Manchester.
I have searched and searched and just seen your post and would like to know how it is going for you? are you happy with the treatment? have you lost any weight? how do you feel?
I really would apprciate your help in this.

Best regards

Mary

Hey Mary, yes all going well. I am 30 lbs down. Fair bit to go still but very happy with my decision. Getting great support from the provider. Please feel free to ask whatever you wish.

Hi,

Sorry to jump in on your thread I just wanted to find out about the spatz. Are you still happy with it?

Thanks
Lou xx

Back