• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH - PLEASE be positive

tink75

Well I'm going to start off by saying aaarrrggghhhhhh - people are driving me crazy - 2 weeks and 2 days to go and everyone at work is negative and questioning my decision - I've been told you'll lose your personality - you can't eat that way forever - don't do it etc etc etc. I am starting to go crazy - I feel so positive and have prepared myself as mentally as possible but they are really starting to get to me. I feel as if I have to constantly justify my decision. I keep trying to explain that they have not been on my journey so it is hard for them to understand. I wish they could try and be positive :(

:hug99::hug99::hug99:

I know im not going down this path with surgery and the like but i wanted to say..

as long as your happy with your choice and its what you want/need then stuff them darling its your life..dont let other peoples negativity bring you down or make you feel like your not doing something the way you want to do it..

Berri xx

Hi Tink, what surgery are you having?? It does'nt really matter what others think as long as you're happy with the decision you've made. 2 weeks and 2 days and you'll be on your weight loss journey and then they'll be eating their words. I know its not for everyone but its your choice and your life. You want a better life and if they can't appreciate that then its their problem. You go for it and when you're all lovely and slim and healthy ask them again what their reasons for the disapproval werexx

Hi Tink, other people can be frustrating when they don't understand but I think on the whole people are afraid of the unknown and sometimes feel a little insecure about change - whether that be in a friend or anything really. You will have doubtless made an informed decision so everyone must accept it - I'm sure they will see that your personality won't change but that your life will hopefully be a lot easier when the difficulties and health risks of obesity are removed. Very best of luck in your journey. x

Hun, the important thing is how YOU feel. If they're not happy for you then just tell them to sod off and keep their opinions to themselves!!! They're probably only doing it because they care but it's still massively frustrating isn't it?!?! Would people have the same reaction if it for something like a boob job?!?!

As my Dad often said "Don't let the *******s grind ya down"!!!!!

Hun, I am sorry that people have felt like they needed to discourage you from wls. That is terrible & I feel for you. If it is ongoing and really getting to you why not just politely thank the person (or persons) for their concern, tell them that you are sure of what you want and have done all the research and soul searching you needed to do and it is a done deal, no further discussion needed. End of. Hopefully that will make them stop and possibly make them think twice about broaching it again. After all it is you who will have to live with the wls and only you know if it is the right choice. People fear what they don't understand or have never considered for themselves, and in all fairness major surgery is a scary choice for anyone to make. You have I'm sure done what you can to prepare yourself and those people don't have to live in your obese body so they really can't know how it feels.

Best of luck to you,
Nic;)

Hi Tink

I am sorry that people are being negative about your really positive decision. I agree with Nic, thank them and tell them firmly that the discussion is now over.

They are an odd lot to think that your personality is linked to your BMI, your self-confidence - perhaps! I hope the next two weeks fly by for you, good luck with your pre op diet! At two and half months out from my op, I can say that my personality remains in tact and my confidence is already soaring!

Hugs to you

Lx

Thanks all - I really needed those positive comments :0). It in no way affects my decision for WLS it is just sooooooo frustrating - it only got mentioned 6 times today............. I have the day off tomorrow thank goodness lol.

I've been very fortunate and have had positive comments all the way so i'm really sorry you are meeting with such negativity from work but as everyone says its your life changing experience not theirs so you go for it keep that positive mental attitude cause surgery is so worth it xx

Back