• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

best diet....op in 8 weeks?!

costaerer

I have my gastric band booked for 6th nov.....just under 8 weeks away :)

in 4 weeks im going away on holiday, and from not id really like to lose as much weight as poss, before hol and before band.

would anyone recommend they best way to do this? obviously im not going to go on milk diet for 8 weeks but....
was thinking maybe for 2 weeks, then change to...i dunno..maybe a soup diet???

sorry if i sound crazy...i just dont have any self control and eat like a pig, so i think if i restrict myself to one type of food, ie, milk, salad etc etc it might be easier :-S

xxxxxxx

having no experience of pre op diets but could i suggest trying to cut down portion sizes and greatly increase fluids so you get used to filling up on liquids? just a guess really. someone with more knowledge will be along soon i'm sure.

Good luck you two, you'll soon be on the losers bench xx

I would cut down then go on your hols have a great time then deal with it when you get back THAT JUST WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE lol

if it was a case of 'cutting down' id have been a size ten long ago ;)

i think i need something more specific, otherwise its too easy to pile ur plate up!!

Have you thought of maybe slimming world on the weeks you arnt doing the milk diet?
Its so simple to follow, and even when you think you have eaten so much you cant possibly have lost any weight, you will have!!

I think i read that someone had suggested cereal, why not have cereal for breakfast and lunch (low fat and sugar one though!)and for dinner have something like fish and veg or chicken breast and veg, baked potatoe and baked beans.
For snacks why not have an alpan bar or other breakfast cereal bar.

Good luck with what you choose.

I wouldnt go on a drastic diet you have to have reserves to help you heal after the op.Just do a sensible low fat low carb,then kick in with the pre op diet before op.Relax for your holiday just dont go too mad!

if i have cereal generally...buy 10.30 im starving...and my stomachs rumbling so hard its embarassing :/

i think i will do the milk diet this week for one week............anyone got any tips???

then next week i think ill do slim fast.....

then maybe the week after, special k?!

sounds fun....hahahahahaa....but i guess they are all kinda the same thing!!

I haven't got a date yet :cry: but I decided to try to lose a couple of stones before I did get a date because I had put some weight on since seeing the hospital first of all and I to get my BMI away from the area around 60 because I was tol this might cause problems with having my op.

What I have been doing is, essentially, the Slimfast diet and - touch wood - it is working well.at the moment.

For breakfast I have a Slimfast vanilla shake blended up with about 75g of frozen berries. (Total about 250 cal)

For lunch I have a can of soup (one with loads of vegetables so it's a bit more filling) (Total about 200cal)

When I get home from work I have an options drink and a Tesco "Lighter Choices" chocolate bar. (About 110 cal)

For dinner, I have a WW ready meal and loads of steamed veg (About 400 cal)

I also have a couple of portions of Hartleys Sugar Free jelly when I fancy something sweet (About 70 cal)

This gives me a daily total of about 1000 cal (sometimes a little less). Because I am so heavy this is causing quite an impressive weightloss - about 11lb to date - which is great (even allowing for the fact that a lot of that 11lb will have been water).

I wouldn't be able to stick with it for a long time but for a few weeks it is fine. What has amazed me is how easily I have stuck to it so far - having the op as a very clear target has definitely helped.

love

TillyBob

Hi

Just a suggestion but why not try cutting down on your carbs. Post band when you are on solids you will be advised to avoid pasta, rice and bread anyway. Will get you in the right mindset and hopefully you will lose some weight too!

Maz x

drastic diets is just setting yourself up for a fall and you will be more likley to give into temptation and have a huge binge through being so hungry,slimmimg world or something similar would be the most sensible option.

I have my gastric band booked for 6th nov.....just under 8 weeks away :)

in 4 weeks im going away on holiday, and from not id really like to lose as much weight as poss, before hol and before band.

would anyone recommend they best way to do this? obviously im not going to go on milk diet for 8 weeks but....
was thinking maybe for 2 weeks, then change to...i dunno..maybe a soup diet???

sorry if i sound crazy...i just dont have any self control and eat like a pig, so i think if i restrict myself to one type of food, ie, milk, salad etc etc it might be easier :-S

xxxxxxx

Hi, lucky you going on hols!!

If I were you I would do the low calorie diet 1000-1200 cals because if you stick to soup diet or milk & yoghurt etc you will defo fall off the wagon, they are very hard to stick to and you want to enjoy yourself on holidays not be deprived, you will be doing the M&Y diet the week before your op so dont be doing it before you need to.

On holidays maybe have a poached egg & toast for brekkie then maybe ham/chicken salad for lunch and maybe baked potato, salad & meat for dinner, keep drinking water all day and treat yourself to a wee glass of vino at night time

After your op you'll soon realise how hard is it living off soup and liquids so enjoy your hols, be sensible with food you dont have to go mad, you can watch what you eat and enjoy yourself at the same time

thanks for your replies. im not worrying about when im on hols...im not going on a relaxing hol im going for a few reasons...and i will be doing stuff the whole time...also its so hot i never want to eat anything other than a salad!!!

i think till i go away...and after i will try and do slimming world again.....but without the going to the meetings :-S

dont really want to pay!! i think the key , is to write everything you eat down!! xxx

thanks for your replies. im not worrying about when im on hols...im not going on a relaxing hol im going for a few reasons...and i will be doing stuff the whole time...also its so hot i never want to eat anything other than a salad!!!

i think till i go away...and after i will try and do slimming world again.....but without the going to the meetings :-S

dont really want to pay!! i think the key , is to write everything you eat down!! xxx

Yes definately write everything down, I post my meals on here every evening, it helps me keep track of what I am eating and maybe see where I am going wrong etc if the weight isn't coming off :eek:

i think im going to do my shopping online this week.
then i can plan what im going to have nightly. unfortunately i work in a restaurant in the eve and just eat what evers being made...normally its pizza or something fried :(

i just hope i will resist...my husband will have to shout every time i go for a chip...i work together with him...

i think im going to do my shopping online this week.
then i can plan what im going to have nightly. unfortunately i work in a restaurant in the eve and just eat what evers being made...normally its pizza or something fried :(

i just hope i will resist...my husband will have to shout every time i go for a chip...i work together with him...

Oooooohhhh now that would take a hell of alot of willpower it wud be like telling a kid in a candy shop.........no sweets!!! If I worked around food i'd be the size of a house :giggle:

ahahaha...

its awful i cant even begin to tell you. being constantly around, chips, onion rings, pizza blah blah the list goes on.

that why i need either the physical restriction, or my mind saying you can only eat X Y Z.....

so just 'cutting carbs' for me aint guna work!!

this is the reason ive put on about 3 stone in 2 yrs :(

im just doing my tesco online shopping...will get hubby to look when he gets in.

im thinking, yogurt or cereal in morning, sliced fruit for mid morning snack in college, lunch time, to have a salad or a stir fry, or poss a sandwich if im being naughty ;) probs followed by a hartleys 10 kal jelly....

then in the eve, a lo cal fish pie, or quorn burger etc etc with steamed veg, or with suede and potato mash etc!

and im going to walk to work...i am going to walk to work...i am going to walk to work. if i keep saying it maybe ill do it!!!!! :p

ahahaha...

its awful i cant even begin to tell you. being constantly around, chips, onion rings, pizza blah blah the list goes on.

that why i need either the physical restriction, or my mind saying you can only eat X Y Z.....

so just 'cutting carbs' for me aint guna work!!

this is the reason ive put on about 3 stone in 2 yrs :(

im just doing my tesco online shopping...will get hubby to look when he gets in.

im thinking, yogurt or cereal in morning, sliced fruit for mid morning snack in college, lunch time, to have a salad or a stir fry, or poss a sandwich if im being naughty ;) probs followed by a hartleys 10 kal jelly....

then in the eve, a lo cal fish pie, or quorn burger etc etc with steamed veg, or with suede and potato mash etc!

and im going to walk to work...i am going to walk to work...i am going to walk to work. if i keep saying it maybe ill do it!!!!! :p

Cereal NEVER and still doesn't fill me up, why not have a poached egg or scrambled egg in the morning with a slice of nimble wholemeal toasted, this fills me right up til lunch time and its delicious with a dollop of brown sauce

make your own sandwich for lunch, try nimble with lettuce, mayo/salad cream light and some ham or chicken and a tin of ww soup, at least if you have made your own you shouldn't be tempted to buy something else

I couldn't believe how much I have walked this week, its not like me at all cos I hate walking but I just made myself do it and I have enjoyed it, looking forward to getting back out tomorrow :)

my stomach rumbles my 10.30 so thats why ill take fruit to snack on, like chopped up pineapple. i h8 boring fruit like apples lol. if i have time i will have egg on toast but normally i cant be bothered :-S ill have to get bothered!!

Back