• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Aaarrrggghhhh Family!!

Some of you may have seen that i have had a row with my brother, a long story short, he says its the worse thing i've ever done (my bypass), i never asked him for his well basically permission to have this done!! The only people i care about & talk to are "the people on that forum!" & i should remember who really matters!!
Well he is 13 years younger than me he spoke to me like my ex use to well i was having none of it, this was over a week ago & we have had no contact since, we used to see/talk to each other everyday so it is making me sad, but i honestly think he is jealous as he weighs maybe 24/25stone.
Anyway today i saw my nan she said how much weight have you lost this week (she knows i weigh Tuesdays) so i said 2lb her reply "oh dear is that all i would have thought you should be losing it alot quicker after what you've had done" :mad:
Why can't people just be supportive & not negative all the time!!!!!!!!!! :sigh:

Hi Em don't let them get to you, your nan proberbly doesn't realise the comment she made would hurt you. When they don't have to diet themselves, they just have no concept of what it's like and the majority think WLS is the easy option. I can't wait 'til I amlosing 2lb a week instead o putting it on!

Regards to your brother it does seem as though he is a tad envious.Why don't you call/text him because life is really too short. It will proberbly take a while for family to adjust to the shrinking you but hey, they gonna have to get used to it! Take heart though chick, it proves the real Emma is about to stand upand after all thats what its all about YOU. So good on ya I say. Text that brother of yours with a simple -
'Friends????? love ya! Em.

All the best .

linski xxxx

Emma i'm sorry you have fallen out with a brother who obviously plays a big emotional part in your life. I'm wondering if he's envious of you losing the weight or if he's envious that you had the testicular fortitude to do something that maybe he wished he could find the balls to do himself? Also by losing weight you will bring more attention to the fact that he is large, we all know what it's like the family comments of ''oooh so n so has lost x amount of weight'' and the unheard comment of ''what you gonna do about your weight problem''. Maybe you could text or email your brother and explain you're unhappy that he cant support you and your decision as he means so much to you?

As for your nan, god bless her! She's been reading too many issues of 'Take a Break', just like my mom! They read the stories and think we have a gastric surgery and come out the hospital 8 stone lighter. My mom has read so much she can now diagnose illness just from me telling her my symptoms over the phone, and she is also a fully qualified automobile mechanic thanks to weekly magazines. Not bad for an old gal of 77 :)

Seriously now, this time next year your nan is going to be raving at the enormous change in you.

Now, as for J-Mo and the manager with a big gob! You blooming well complain girl, your business is your business. Me? I tell anyone and everyone who passes comment on my changing shape, however thats because I CHOOSE to share my business. Your business is yours and nobody else's to disclose and i hope this blabbermouth doesn't cause you any cause for concern when you return to work xxx

Hello Em.,

Hope you are feeling better today precious...

I have been thinking about you and you always know you are close in thought.

Just hoping that you do things in 'your' way and can move forward peacefully and in your time...

Love and hugs as always xxx

p.s. Jacci... it sounds like you are not on your own with this workplace issue.

Hey Em...sorry folks are being a bit crappy towards you. I had the same issues with hubby, mother, 'friends'......here's what I did...

With family when they say something that hurts I say something straight back..'That really doesn't help me'....I found it works and they watch what they say after that.

As for negative ninnies I wear a haematite bracelet every day and you know what they seemed to have faded into the background - it repels negative folk lol! One 'friend' told me I could have lost more by now on the Cambridge diet - on facebook - and I said yes but I know I won't put this weight back on. She then backtracked and tried to be positive.

And J-Mo as a manager myself I can confirm this manager is actually breaking the Data protection act as she is not even allowed to mention you are sick let alone tell anyone what's wrong aside from her peers (on a need to know basis), her bosses and HR. I would lodge a formal complaint about her as what she is doing is not only unprofesional it is also illegal and she needs to be stopped.Managers like this give managers like me a bad name - and we do things properly!

Brightest Blessings my lil bunnies and I hope everything works out and you all feel better xx

Unfortunately we can chose our WLS friends but not our families!!

My mum has not said one positive thing since I've had my WLS except to moan at the weekend that nobody mentioned her weight loss!!

She then proceeded to serve tea - white bread ham sandwiches and cheap shop cake with crisps!! Despite being told I need my protein, can't eat bread and sweet/fat things give me DS tum. And told me I'd eaten more of a pub roast lunch than she expected - I'd only eaten meat!!

We were craving fruit after 2 days - thank goodness for Tesco's express!! And infrequent visits.

Have ranted about workplace bullies another thread so sha'n't repeat!! LOL

xxxx

Back