• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Abdominoplasty on the NHS....

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
So, what are my chances?

Went to see my GP this morning who was very supportive and said she will contact my local PCT.

I'm not holding out a great deal of hope with all of the NHS cutbacks, so will just have to wait & see.

Anyone around who has been through this, I would really appreciate any info you can give me.

Thanks lovelies.

xxx

No idea how things stand at the mo re: plastics. Like you say there are so many cut backs at the moment but surely the GP would know if it wasnt available, I would say its a good sign that hes put you forward :D Good Luck XX

PCT's vary from region to region, all you can do is start the ball rolling, the other option of course, if that fails, is to see the cost of having what needs doing privately, it'll cost you the initial consultation fee, but you'll get to see who YOU want to see, and they'll tell you exactly what needs to be done and costs, no need to take them up on their offer there and then, but gives you a ball park figure to aim for if the NHS route fails

Thanks so much lovely.

Am trying to fine NICE guidelines, but can't seem to find anything.

xxx

I think just like WLS guidelines, PCT guidelines for this type of 'cosmetic' surgery vary greatly from area to area. That said, because they are all run independently & differently, you are going to have to wait & see for your area. It's great that you have a supportive Dr though, I think that can really help in any individual funding cases. Good luck!

Thanks for your advice guys.

Well, looks like I've just got to sit tight & hope the PCT people are in a good mood when they get my application. lol

Thanks again.

xxx

Hi Pooks

My sister in law lives in your area and had a NHS funded tummy tuck. She had 3 very large babies, lost 7 stone and was left with an apron that hung very low! She visited her GP on numerous occasions for rashs etc and it was her GP who suggested putting her forward.

She now has a tiny flat tum.

Gotta be worth a try - good luck x

Hi Em,

I'm in the funding search at the moment too. Be prepared to have to wait, most pcts expect you to maintain your loss at a certain bmi for 2 years, although with some it's less. My 2 years is this April, so hopefully not much longer for me!

If you look in the plastics section here there is a thread were people post their pct requirements, might be worth a look. Otherwise search on your pct website for 'low clinical priority procedures policy' and 'apronectomy'.

Good luck chuck, any q's shout on fb as I'm not posting here much, too faffy on my phone.

Hi Pookie,

Just wondered how you have progressed with your Tummy Tuck application.

I'm going through it myself, however, I haven't had Weight Loss Surgery.

Back