• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Here - Apronectomy on NHS

Thanks for re-posting. I had just found it moments ago on the other forum! I would have thought the two PCT's have very similar criteria for funding? If you want to compare notes, feel free to e-mail me (I am too new to use messages here and my e-mail address should be on my profile).

Good to know that St. George's are fighting your corner. Keep applying - I know of someone who applied four times and was accepted in the end.

Debs xxxx

" I have to attend an evening seminar where people having similar surgery get to see pictures of others pre and post op and get told exactly what to expect"

> i have had my TT approved on NHS with a May date.
i havnt been asked to attend any seminar etc.. odd how places do things differently.
last Pre-op i had for wisdom teeth.... they didnt ask weird questions... BUT i do have a few for them! + i had a reaction to the General Anaesthetic 2 weeks ago to let them know about. had to be gassed in the end!

Hi Leopard

Yes it is odd how different PCT's have different ways of doing things. The seminar has been booked for the same day as the pre-op so at least it's all over in one day. I had assumed a pre-op was all about making sure I am fit for surgery and doing bloods etc but the consultant mentioned that everyone gets a 'grilling' at that point. Perhaps it's to ensure we all know the risks etc...not sure!

What sort of TT are you having done? It would be good to keep in touch and have an op buddy :)

Debs x

Back