• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

UNBELIEVEABLE

Alex1977

:mad: I am very angry and upset at the moment with NHS manchester/ Salford after being told Funding will be requested 5 months ago!! Yes 5 Months ago. I hadnt heard anything and decided to ring the hospital to be told the consultant i was under has now left! Thats OK. So asked for an update and they had nothing to tell me. So I rang Local PCT to be told NO request was recieved. So back on the phone i rang Salford Royal AGAIN. After several days of phone calls I was told OOPS we are sorry it was filed back away with your notes. SORRY!!! I am fuming and now the Consultant from Salford has forwarded to PCT and they wont accept it from anyone other than my GP! So here we go again forms being posted but not yet recieved by GP!! How long does this normally take!! Sorry for moaning lol

Alex
xxx

OMG thats terrible i hope you get it sorted very soon , somone needs to be held responsable for wasteing your time x

o gosh people are not having a good time of it at the min, im sorry to hear this hun and i hope its sorted asap!!! x

i know how you feel , i rang the my doctors to see if funding had been sent , the girl at doctors said it had but nothing had come back....i rang the PCT and they told me they sent it back straight away. i rang the doctors and she said in a daft voice oops its in your file i must of missed it, the PCT had decide within a week and sent it straight to my doctors, so its been sitting there for nearly two months. you have to push it yourself all the time. The girl at the PCT told me they meet once a month and decide who gets what, when decided they send a letter straight out to your doctors.

I hope you get sorted but i found the PCT really helpful when i rang. xx

I have thought about putting a complaint in but after waiting so long I don't want to do anything to jeopardise my chances it's causing me sleepless nights worrying about it and my poor husband must be bored to tears of me going on about it lol thanks folk for letting me bend your ear xxxx

and the other thing i keep trying to find out is the Criteria for Manchester PCT. I know it did change earlier in the year but if they had put my paperwork in on time i would have easily met the requirements. Honestly its like trying to get blood out of a stone. Is it that secretive?? no one wants to tell me the criteria. Its like a big Secret amongst the PCT/ GPs/ Hospital.

alex i put a letter in to my p.c.t as well as the doctors referal i had my bypass at salford but was sent to thameside 1st for some reason who dont even do it, all i can say is keep chasing it up x

check out the bospa website should tell you on there Salford criteria. From memory i think its nice guidlines.
I think it terrible how you've been treated, i hope you get it sorted, good luck xxx

Same kind of thing happened to me.
My GP told me he had sent off my referral for funding. I didn't hear anything so contacted my PCT after 6 weeks and they hadn't recieved it. They then sent it again and only took 3 days to say yes but if i hadn't have chased it up god knows how long I would have been sitting there for x

Back