• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Abroad

lclucy89

Has anyone had the band done abroad? And which hospitals?

Thanks

:)Hi Lucy I'm going to dr Chris de bruyne on 12 July in Belgium. If you want to know anything about price I can let you know.

I have booked mine now, I go in on Monday 27th June!
I'm going to bodies beautiful in Prague.

Has anyone been there??

Hi there, I had my band done 4 weeks ago in Begium with Dr Marc Forquet, he was amazing! Would highly recommend him, mine was done just outside Brussels. I was well looked after, & have had no
Problems! Just waiting for my first band fill now... I can't wait! Good luck!
Julie x

Hi Lucy, Had i not got funding on the nhs i think i would of looked at this option,there seems to be a lot of good ones out there,your get all the info on here im sure.

Best of luck to you x

Jooles said:
Hi there, I had my band done 4 weeks ago in Begium with Dr Marc Forquet, he was amazing! Would highly recommend him, mine was done just outside Brussels. I was well looked after, & have had no
Problems! Just waiting for my first band fill now... I can't wait! Good luck!
Julie x

Hi Julie, I've just come back from Belgium yesterday, I was also banded by dr marc forquet. Did you have any pains afterwards, how has it been for you since the band. I'm in so much pain at the moment with wind and also where the port is its really hurting, I really hope it gets better, I'm beginning to regret all of this already x would appreciate your feedback

Hey lovely, don't lose faith.. I hurt like hell for a while, I had a week off work and went back in pain, it will be worth it in the end... Remember the reasons for having it done!! I'm here if you want to chat about it xx

stick with it...it was 3wk before I felt like me again....the pain, wind etc all subsides after couple of wks xx

julielockwoodjerrett said:
Hey lovely, don't lose faith.. I hurt like hell for a while, I had a week off work and went back in pain, it will be worth it in the end... Remember the reasons for having it done!! I'm here if you want to chat about it xx

Hi Julie, thank you for your message. I was two weeks post op on Wednesday, the pain is still here! But it's bearable I suppose, just a weird stich pain...how long ago did you have your op?

I had my op at the end of May. So quite a journey ahead, lost 3 stone so far and another band fill on Monday, it's a long journey but worth it! The pain does take a while to subside but remember why you had it done! Keep smiling x

lclucy89 said:
Has anyone had the band done abroad? And which hospitals?

Thanks

I had mine done with dr marc focquet in belgium with the wls group, he was brillant...if you want to ask me anything feel free x

Julie is it your first fill? Because I'm not really experiencing the full feeling, I don't even know if dr marc put a fill, he didn't tell me?! I forgot to ask, I just wanted to go home and was in so much pain, I didn't think. Did he tell you? I asked Wendy when I went for a 1 week post op check up and she said she can only tell if there is a fill at my first fill which is in mid January.

When Wendy checked me I had about 4 ml in, which Dr marc put in when I had my op. He didn't tell me either. I have had 3 fills, im on about 8 ml in a 11 Ml band, but feel I need more, I had my op at the end of may, it takes time but you will get there, I'm still getting there x

I had my op 9 days ago and still in pain around my port .... Dr Marc did mine .. What a lovely man ... I'm just having a bit of a down time .. Due to go back to work Monday and don't know if I'm ready .. Due to me still being in pain .. It's good to read your message .. It's the only thing that's keeping me going ... Just want to thank you all. Xxxx

Back