• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

operations abroad

I went to Belgium for my first operation which had to be redone as the band was put in the wrong place. I don't think I would go abroad again but if I did would go to a country where they had lots of experience of the operations and a high number of satisfied British patients like France. Now the euro is strong it isn't much cheaper now.

I am not an authority on this however when speaking to my surgeon I was told to be very careful now when considering going abroad as the NHS may charge to "fixing" things that go wrong.

I met someone when i started this journey before who had to have a bypass redone as the one she had done abroad was not a good job at all... right Walter Smiths job by all accounts...

Be careful what you choose and who xx

A bloke at my work went to India to visit his family and had a load of liposuction done while he was there only cost him £400. I think I would only go abroad for surgery if I spoke the language understood how things work in that country and was 150% certain I had a decent surgeon, even then if there are any issues after it could be a big palarva getting it sorted back home. I recon the safe bet is to get it done at home even if it does cost more. I am only 100 miles from my surgeon and thats a bit of a pain in the butt going back for the check ups and so forth.

Back