• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Abroad

I went back after 11 days so similar to u but it is an office job so no physical activities... but with liquid painkillers and multivitamins i was fine just asleep by 8 o clock every night for the first week. Xxx

wsambrooke said:
I had my op 9 days ago and still in pain around my port .... Dr Marc did mine .. What a lovely man ... I'm just having a bit of a down time .. Due to go back to work Monday and don't know if I'm ready .. Due to me still being in pain .. It's good to read your message .. It's the only thing that's keeping me going ... Just want to thank you all. Xxxx

Hi wsam, I also had dr marc in Belgium. Had my op on 2 Nov and went back to work on 8 Nov, I was in so much pain and suffering from panic attacks just from the shock of it all but work helped me take my mind off thinking about the op. Everyone is different and it depends also on what type of job you have..I work in an office so for me I was ok. I was still in pain coming up to 4 weeks after my op with port pain then a stitch pain and I still cannot lie on that side and occasionally it does hurt if I bend down. It's a very long process but we will get there! How are you feeling?

Thanks Patricia
I feel abit better today ... I'm a carer so it's heavy work ... But they are letting me go back to do light dutys ... Yeah I find it hard to sleep on a night on my left side and wake with the pain .... But I think I will have to get use to it .....
Can I ask how long did you stay on fluids for till you went to the next stage ... I feel like I'm ready but to scared to try ?
Thanks for replying xx

wsambrooke said:
Thanks Patricia
I feel abit better today ... I'm a carer so it's heavy work ... But they are letting me go back to do light dutys ... Yeah I find it hard to sleep on a night on my left side and wake with the pain .... But I think I will have to get use to it .....
Can I ask how long did you stay on fluids for till you went to the next stage ... I feel like I'm ready but to scared to try ?
Thanks for replying xx

I did two weeks liquid, about 10 days pureé then two weeks mushy then gradually went on to solids. I also felt scared, I thought the food would get stuck but it was fine thank god! Just eat slowly and chew well. I have to be honest in the first two weeks I found the liquid diet really easy, I had no appetite and didn't want to eat, I was in so much pain I couldn't think about food. What stage are you on now?

I'm still on the liquid diet till Wednesday .... Then puréed for a week ... Don't fancy having my Christmas dinner puréed ... Lol .. When do you have your first fill ? X I'm linzi by the way x

wsambrooke said:
I'm still on the liquid diet till Wednesday .... Then puréed for a week ... Don't fancy having my Christmas dinner puréed ... Lol .. When do you have your first fill ? X I'm linzi by the way x

Hi linzi, yeah pureed Christmas dinner doesn't sound to good but to be honest at that stage you'll just want to taste normal food so if it's pureed so be it. It's not that bad, its actually quite nice. I have my first fill on 1r January which is way over the 6 weeks but my provider will not be in London over Christmas which I'm not too happy about. I have to be extra careful over Christmas because I can eat a decent sized portion as I have no restriction and how will I say no to all the food I am going to be surrounded by over Christmas?! Are you with wls group? And where do you visit your provider?

Not long really .. I've not heard when mine is .... I've not heard from wls since I've got back ... If I don't hear from them by next week I'm going to give them a ring xx

Yeah I'm with WLS and I go to Bradford to have it filled .. Have you lost much weight since having it done ? I've lost 16 pounds so far which is brill ... But still have a very long way to go xxx

I've lost over 2 stone since my pre op. But I think I've put on a few pounds in the past week because I have no restriction until my first fill, plus Xmas is coming up so no doubt I will put on a bit then too..

Back