• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Admission days for your op.

Fragglerock

Hi all,

I am slightly curious as to whether or not you are able to choose an admission day for when you have your operation? Ideally I would be looking at going in an a Friday giving me and extra weekend to recover before going back to work. I know different providers will differ but do you think this is a possibility if going private and booking well in advance?

Thanks
Fraggle.

Hi Fraggle, I am going private, they offered me a date, so I could say yes or no. Maybe you could ask them in advance? I am quite lucky actually, my surgery is on a Friday and then the Monday after is a bank holiday :)

Hi fraggle,

I was bypassed at L&D on the NHS & at my appointment with the surgeon he got his diary out to discuss dates with me, I couldn't do the 1st one he offered as I was on holiday & my mum was away too so he offered me a couple more dates & let me pick which was best... a bit different to most NHS ops me thinks :) x

Hiya

At st Richards (nhs) they only have a few op days in their diary at a time- they call you when it's your turn to be booked in. If you can't make that date they offer you the next available date. if they haven't got the next lot of dates to offer then they will call you as soon as the next dates come in.

That's how it worked for me- both for the assessment day and pre op as well

X

Ahhh Katy that was a good time for you!

Beckaboo that was very good of nhs doing that I thought they'd just give you a date and you have to accept unless special circumstance as to why u couldn't go in.

I am hoping to book well in advance so fingers crossed I will be able to pick a Friday to go in.

Thanks all your answers been much appreciated.

Hi i have my RNY on the 23rd April. I just excepted the first day they offered but i did change my pre-op day as i was in training at work and as i'll be having May off work i thought i better be there. Just as well, i had the weight check, blood presure check, blood test, checked my heart (i'm still alive) and talk with nurse with an hour and then sat waiting for the Doctor for a further 5... as it happened there was another lady having the same thing done who sat with me and we swapped stories or i would have been bored to tears..:D

You can pick the time and day according to your surgeon's schedule.

I've got the right date, right time, wrong hospital.

Two out of three :cry:

Back