• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice needed for weight target

jo86

Ok so i think i'm fairly quiet and a few of you may not be familular with me. My name is Jodie i am 23 (birthday sat tho!) i have 2 wonderful children and a lovely boyfriend. I am waiting for a BYPASS :D

I was told to lose 5kg august 3rd rang up roughly 2 weeks ago and was told appointment 17th nov. Now i am going to admit to some things...

I feel soo ashamed to not trying that hard that last monday i re-joined WW and gained an extra 7lbs i was GUTTED! i need this op and have stuck to it all week, couldn't get to meeting tonight but going on wednesday. On friday my asthma nurse weighed me and according to her scales i'd lost 5lbs. stuck to it over weekend but didn't count points but still no Takeaways!!

Do any of you think this is achievable?? i feel soo guilty that others would beg for this appointment and to go and not meet my target would be heart breaking for me and my family but still guilt for others.

Sorry to ramble just needed to get it all out

You have made the first step you have been very honest.

It is achievable but you must now get your head down and follow the diet. It sounds like a form of self sabotage, something I used to be really good at.

Dont worry about other people needing the op, this is about you so you need to get your head round it, pull your finger out and you will be on you way.

Good luck hun and stop beating yourself up about it because that makes it harder for you. xxx:)

Hi ladylite i was hoping someone would reply lol

Yes this is something i really want and have always been 1 or 2 pound away from losing stone then it goes back on with a few rocks too i think! Knowing that doesn't help but i will keep coming on here for inspiration too.

hiya hun..... anything is possable if you put your mind to it!!
i too was in a similar position, they didnt actually give me a goal but i wanted to go to my second apointment with a loss - i was dieting at 1st but it soon came to a halt and ended up putting it back on again untill 3 weeks before my apointment and i decided to do something about it, with the help of this site (especially bev) i did it, i went on the slim fast diet and stuck to it religously and with the help of exercise on the wii fit every day i lost 9lbs in that 3 week! so i was really pleased!
so... working it out on the calender you have 7 weeks on wednesday untill your apointment and you have 5kg to loose - if im right thats just under 12lbs that you have got to loose. as all scales are different i recon you should aim for a stone loss for your next apointment so that equals to you needing 2lbs a week lost! YOU CAN DO THIS! easily - drink at least 2 litres of water a day and stick to you WW diet religously between now and then and youl do this easy!
start a new thread on here and use it for your food diary so we can all egg you on and get you through this! you are sooooo close to going on the waiting list now! you can do this
all the best hun xxxxx

Hia Jodie. Keeley's given you some good advice and Mary too. Have you gained weight in addition to the 5 k target you were set? If so that increases the amount you have to lose, making it about 1 stone 4 pounds?

It IS do-able...it sounds like you've already lost 5 pounds of that...so that's over a quarter of what you need to lose in a week!

BUT you really will have to focus in and stick to it. Get yourself to the WW meetings, do a food diary on here, write down everything you eat and drink...drink masses of water. Could you up your exercise a bit; maybe go swimming?

I would love to support you 100% and see you make that weight loss target.

SRH are strict but you can do this and as Mary says, this isn't about other people, this is about you! YOU need this surgery too!

I had my surgery in August and honestly it has changed my life already, in 7 weeks...I PROMISE you, any effort you make is TOTALLY worth it!
sending love and encouragement
Charis xxx

Hi Jo, well done you for being so honest with us all....

I can only reiterate what all of the others have said and one more thing...

Only you know how really desperately you want and NEED this operation for you and your family's future... Not only do you need to focus on losing the weight you also need to focus on maintaining that loss... One thing i've learned on this site is that SRH are really strict and if you put any of your weight loss back on they won't give you the surgery. As you probably know ChefPaul was misweighed at his pre ops and it was only by his persistence in getting a new pre op weigh in a week or so later that got him back on the table...

So really if i were you i wouldn't think of anything drastic like slimfast/cambridge diet. ww will be perfect as you can still eat three meals a day, spend your points wisely and remember if you exercise to earn extra points you don't have to spend them but you know in the back of your mind you have them in the bank!

Good luck girl, don't let yourself down you know you can do it and you are going to have such a fantastic fun filled life with your little uns doing all the things i never did because i was too fat :) Go for it xx

Hi Jo, fantastic advice and support already given, all i can add is YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!! My whole life has changed ive lost 11 stone in 16months so the rewards are really worth it, trust me! From my first consult to the day of my op i put on 3 stone! So i know where your coming from but my only regret now would be that i never made the effort to lose weight before my op but i was never given any targets by my team so maybe thats why i never made the effort or felt guilty.
Just try and think of it as being the last diet your ever have to go on! Im 16months down the line and never feel like im on a diet which is one of the greatest feelings ever! Best of luck and i hope you get the rewards you deserve xxx

Hi Jo,

I can relate to everything that you are saying and have been much heavier myself, I have only really lost weight through illness in my life and that has been in the last year.

From this website, it has been a case of really starting to train the mind to work with the body... i never got that from any classes that I have subscribed too and I've done most of the years and most diets.

Hang onto the lifelines that you will find on here, you have already had a few replies and more are bound to follow.

I have found that there are people on this forum, pre, post and in between surgery and everyone's stage or journey is different, apart from, those who seem to be able to work with their surgery (as a tool) and use this alongside willpower and retraining the mind...

As Keeley rightly says, substitute meals for a slimfast or similar and try to get yourself moving... keep a diary and enlist a buddy if you are able, if not come to us here.

There will always be someone to relate to and to talk to and to share with and an understanding response....

Please keep in touch if I can be of any help in any way.

There are another couple of members at least that may be able to support you in your area Kelly for sure, so don't feel isolated and reach out for someone...

At least you are being honest and open, which is the best way, plus you still have until November...

Very best wishes on your journey and good luck...

Sending love and hugs xxx

You CAN do this!!!....easily! plus more if you put your whole into it! good luck xxxxxx

Well said Keeley, it is possible Jo and I am wishing you all the luck I can send to you for your journey xxx

Thanks to all that have replied :D Sorry i don't post that regular i only get chance to come online night time when my littles ones are in bed.

I have actually felt more postive today about getting the weight loss i need, think when i got it all out it really helped!! I do talk to my partner but its not the same telling someone who just wouldn't know what its like to be in my shoes or clothes etc lol

I am gunna start a food diary on here even if no one reads it it'll make me feel better, sure of it!!

I couldn't make my monday WW class this week but i'm going to one in the morning so i will post on here the outcome.

Thanks all for being very helpful xx

We are all in very similar situations, so don't hesitate to shout... it's a long haul at first...

Love and hugs xxx

Brilliant Jo and good luck, I am really willing you along and I have a long way to go too... so we will do it together...

Love and hugs xxx

Back