• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice needed from post oppers

joanne7271

Shrink me please x
Ok so i have a girls weekend booked at beginning of June for a hen party.

I sorted it last year thinking that the process would be much longer. Now I have my date i know i will be 10 weeks post op when i am supposed to go.

However, I am a bit worried about the food and drink situation when I go.

Any suggestions, or do u think it best to lose the money and cancel? I have spoken to one of my friends today and she said dont worry we will look after you if you are tired etc, but I am a bit worried in case i cant cope. I have told her that i amy need to see how i am after the surgery.

I said i definitely wont go if i have any problems. But i would like advice anyway xx thanks xxx

Personally I would say at 10 weeks you will find it tough but you should be okay. You should be on solid foods by then so you should be absolutely fine. The people who ten to struggle are the ones who are trying to keep it a secret. If it all inclusive see of you can change that so you have more control over what you eat.

Personally I would say at 10 weeks you will find it tough but you should be okay. You should be on solid foods by then so you should be absolutely fine. The people who ten to struggle are the ones who are trying to keep it a secret. If it all inclusive see of you can change that so you have more control over what you eat.

Thanks Yve, it only two nights in a premier lol. We will choose our own food. Gonna take some babybel in my handbag (im such a raver lol) hope i dont get stopped goin in any of the pubs, they will think i am a right weirdo if i get my bag searched lol.

Other than that, I hope i will have more of a feel for what i can tolerate. I am telling everyone about the surgery and i have to say even tho i was fearful at first....... it is so liberating! I aint got nothing to be ashamed of and am so looking forward to my journey....... and the new clothes now that the trip looks ON WHOOP! xx

Just make sure you know what you're going to have at the pubs as often it's not having a plan that leads to bad choices. Please don't drink alcohol that early out!

Hi JoJo,
Take in your handbag the Robinson's Squashed - New range of super condensed juice in little plastic bottles that fit in palm of your hand (nas) just add dash to mineral water.
I'm 7 weeks out and have tried wine, sip makes me shudder, with ice makes me shudder, and I've always loved wine - it just doesn't suit me or plan anymore.

Food wise you should be fine, I don't need to snack at moment and find snacks become meal, maybe diff for you. Soup, salmon, chicken, veg :) Harvesters or Carverys - coffee shops Tec, you'll find post op the more it doesn't bother you, the less it bothers others xx

You should be fine. I'm 5 months out now and have only tried alcohol once last month on my birthday. It was okay, but I'm not good with cold drinks at the best of times. Struggled to get one G&T down. Usually I just ask for a mineral water when I'm out, and it lasts the whole night - very cheap date ;)

It was more of a food thing more than an alcohol thing, I dont drink much last one i had was christmas! IT was more the food and if i would feel tire or not .

Thanks for the advice much appreciated xxx

Whoop ......... here comes the girrrlllssss, girrrlllsssss lol xx

Hi you can always eat soup when you are out and about, or stick to starters as a main. I agree, stay off the booze so early on.
Life doesn't have to stop, so I hope you have a nice time. X

Back