• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HIYA everyone

angelicheart

AngelicHeart
how are you all,

i am doing quit ok, getting worried as my op is on the 7/03/11, i went for my pre-op-assessment last friday and i was late getting there and i missed like 30 minutes of the session, so the nurse and the other person sat with me and filled me in about the day of the surgery and after care, the rest of the group left and went home.

After i have spoken to the nurse i asked her if that is it? and she said yes, so i asked so that is it i can go home and she said yes and wished me good luck, so i said there is no check up for me?she siad no ur free to go home.

I meat with some friends that day and they were quite suprised as i didnt have any check up like ECg and BP, and they adviced me to call on monday and ask what went wrong.

I am so worried now, so i will call tomorrow and see when they can see me. wish me luck and if you have any advice please feel free.

Hi Angel - it would probably put your mind at rest to ring up and perhaps speak to someone who knows about what has happened. Ask what tests you are supposed to have and is it possible to have another appointment. Explain that although you were late - it was beyond your control. Hopefully they will find the time to see you again before your operation.

Love Kat x

A group session doesn't sound like a pre op assessment to me! Sounds more like a pre op workshop but all hospitals are different

Hello and welcome i think Daisey could be right because you would most certainly need a pre op date before your wls. xxx

I agree, you will see them before the surgery, they have to check that you are fit for the operation.

They just listened to my heart and chest with a stethoscope and said all sounded fine. No ECG or blood pressure checks.

They took some wee wee and an MRSA swab and that was that.

I had blood pressure taken on the morning of operation.

Hi - are you at Homerton? I'm guessing if your surgeon is Mannur then it is. My 'Preparing for Surgery' session was in a group ( in a meeting room on the ground floor). My 'Pre-op Assessment' was in the Surgical Unit on the first floor, thats when I was weighed, blood pressure, ecg, mrsa swab and got the pre-op diet choices.
If you were in a group it wouldn't have been your assessment for surgery, but I'd still check as my pre-op was on 21 Jan for op on 21 Feb and I knew my date in November for my assessment and the agroup session was in December.
Hope that hasn't thrown you even more. I thought I'd let you know how my appointments worked at Homerton.
Hope you get an answer tomorrow. x

Thanks everyone, ok i phoned yesterday and explained, they booked me to go in today @15:20 to have the checks, my op is on the 7/03/11 and yes iam at the homerton hospital,

i dont feel that well but i must go today and if i come home early i shall come online and let you know the result ;-) iam getting very nervouse and worried.
God bless you all

Back