• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice needed please

midwalesmum

Hi. I'm new on here (my hubby is 2 days post op after having a gastric bypass). He is unable to lift his head when lying down. Is this normal?
Vicki.

Has this just come on? I certainly don't recall anything like this. Even though we are all different I think it's best to err on the side of caution and ring the ward for advice now. Don't worry about wasting their time or asking a silly question_ just call them and check that there's nowt to worry about. Keep us up to date hun
xx

Thanks both. He doesn't remember having this problem in hospital but last night realised he couldn't lift his head off the pillow.

I have been like that for years :) give him a bell to call you when he needs something and feed him soup until he feels he can get up. :)

Paul

Only joking

Might be a stiff neck caused by the tube they put down your throat when under anaesthetic. I would get him checked to be on the safe side though.

It may be difficult for you to lift your head up because you use your abdominal muscles to do this from lying. My advice would be to sleep in a slight upright position. Then when you want to get up, roll onto your side first then use your arm underneath you to push yourself up into sitting.

Back