• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help needed day 14 post op :-(

pinklady130868

Hi everyone
Advice needed please :-( I'm 14 days post op and I'm I'm agony. Throughout the day I've had a very sharp pain under my lower left rib and my left lung at the back is killing me. I've resorted to painkillers and a hot water bottle :-(
I've rang the ward at spire and the nurse spoke to dr Decadt. He advised to see GP in the morning and see how I go on over night, but I feel so uncomfortable :-(
Has anyone experienced this? Should I be worried? (I'm still taking clexane for 21 days post op due to previous dvt)
Thanks guys x

Did you have a drain at all? Im also 2 weeks post op and Ive had a lot of pain on my left side as I had a drain that went from next to my belly button to right up under my rib cage on the left & that gives me alot of pains. Also it could be some trapped wind, does it hurt when you breath in? thats usually a sign of trapped wind. But having a check with the gp is always a good idea just to be on the safe side.
I hope it eases soon and does turn out to be nothing. Take care.xxxx

Toilet issues????

Deffinately not toilet issues and I didn't have a drain either :-(
I'm still in agony and have taken a tramadol. I'm going to have to visit GP in the morning I think :-(

I hope you feel better soon - could still be trapped wind at this point, or simply heavy internal bruising xxxxx

Hope u feel better soon Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

sorry you feelin so poorly darlin. i agree you should visit your gp asap.
hope you will be pain free soon. take care

It probably wouldn't hurt to try some rennies or windeze, just in case it is a bit of trapped wind.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon x

hey mate, have u been to the doc yet? can u please update us, how are u? xxx

Just to update everyone

I'm now back in spire hospital. Was admitted last night as an emergency. My pain hasn't eased and I've been fainting. I've had an X-ray which is showing that I have either a swab left in me or a cyst :-(. I'm having an MRI this afternoon and then going back into surgery this eve to have it removed or washed out if it is a cyst :-(
I knew the pain wasn't normal or wind pain. I can't thank my GP and the spire enough for their treatment so far.
I will update you all when I can x

Good luck xx

Hope they soon sort you out and you are feeling well again. If they have left a swab in they had better be very, very apologetic!!

OMG so it really wasn't normal post op pain! You poor thing! I hope they compensate you if they left a swab in you!

Lol for compensation I should be given a tummy tuck lol
I'm not going to go that pathway... It's a genuine overlook. My friend is a theatre technician n it happens all the time. Anyway the scan will show what it is as it may be a cyst :-(
Either way I know I'm in safe hands as I could've ended up in Warrington hospital who don't have a clue about medical or patient care. So can only admire spire for their prompt action :)
Thanks guys for your best wishes xx

pinklady130868 said:
Lol for compensation I should be given a tummy tuck lol
I'm not going to go that pathway... It's a genuine overlook. My friend is a theatre technician n it happens all the time. Anyway the scan will show what it is as it may be a cyst :-(
Either way I know I'm in safe hands as I could've ended up in Warrington hospital who don't have a clue about medical or patient care. So can only admire spire for their prompt action :)
Thanks guys for your best wishes xx

Hope you feel better very soon :) xx

God bless you, I hope you recover soon, you have a great attitude which is more than fifty percent of the process. I will pray that all goes well for you.

Back