• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice needed

Brightonbird

Hi everyone

I hope I can get some advice, I'm an old member who hasn't come on here for a long time and seem to have lost my way.

I had my band fitted in Oct 2007. I lost 8.5 st and was maintaining. I was the weight I wanted to be and happier than I had been in a long time. I then fell pregnant in 2011 and had my band loosened. I put on 5st and after having my daughter in Dec 2011, I managed to lose the weight but it was more down to my band being far too tight.

Due to my marriage break up and the fear of putting on weight, I stupidly left my band as it was for 2 yrs which meant I was pb'ing all the time and got into the viscous circle of eating and pb'ing. I was almost becoming bulimic! I had my band loosened and put on a stone and a half. None of my clothes fit me and I feel so awful :( I have had my band tightened a little but stuck in the rut of eating too much and pb'ing and can't get my head back into it.

Please can someone go through the basic banister rules......I've forgotten it all. I really want to be back where I was before when I had complete faith in my band :(

Tracy x

Thanks :) never thought I'd be back to feeling lost and struggling to pull myself out of it. Can't tell if my band is tight enough or not. As I said, I've kinda lost faith in it so think I need to go right back to basics but I can't remember them lol

Tracy x

Hello hun. You can get back on track. I too had mine in 2007 but never lost much weight and spent years very tight. Never go back there! I'm back on it now and working with a medical team, maybe go see them and talk it through.

As for the band basics, I was advised to watch the you tube videos by Dr O Brien and he explains the different zones and if you stuck the the rules you will know if you are tight or not. Go back to crunchy and focus on protein . You can do it! I am having food I really love so I don't feel deprived like smoked mackeral or salmon for breakfast. Maybe plan your favourite foods just in smaller portions. X

That's brilliant, thanks Hun. I'll check out the videos tomorrow.

Think I just need some support and know other people are struggling with it too. I had it so easy last time, I didn't really have to do much, the band did it for me so this is all new to me.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me, I do really appreciate it :). Good luck with your journey, I'll be keeping an eye out for updates!!

Tracy x

Back