• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ADVICE ON ALCOHOL PLEASE!!

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi im having my first night out at a pub on saturday with my mates which i havent done since having surgery in may. im over 6 months post-op but havent had any alcohol. i dont seem to dump or if i have it's only slightly so was wandering if you think i'd be ok having a bacardi breezer or similar? it'll only be one as i'm driving just abit worried as i dont wanna hit the deck after one!!!!

I would say you should be fine with alcohol at 6 months post op, but take it easy - and watch out for sugar and fizz...

Have a great night out. x

thanks sam, what drink would you suggest?

I have vodka and sugar free redbull and I am fine.

I would love a bacardi breezer or a smirnoff ice but daren't go near that much sugar!!

Rx

thanks rose i think i'll take your advice, my two mates im going out with are blokes and dont know about my op so i feel abit silly with the drink situation that's why i want to have my drink planned so i dont have to think when i get there!

Wine
Vodka J20
Whiskey Coke (loads of Ice)
The odd beer

I seem fine with everything really....

vodka and OJ is what i drink now before op it was with coke, it's best to try and avoid the fizzy drinks cos they're not good for us.
Have fun hun
Sharon

You should be fine to drink at 6 months post-op, I have had wine and vodka without a problem. Be careful of fizzy & sugary mixers as everyone else has said.

Disclaimer - I do feel compelled to say the following as you mentioned that you will be drinking and then driving. If you have not had a drink in 6 months, you do not know how *you* specifically react to alcohol. I personally get very drunk very fast but then *feel* sober pretty quick once I stop drinking. I say *feel* because scientific research has proven that bypassed patients retain a higher level of intoxication for a longer period then a normal person so you could have one drink feel completely sober, drive, get stopped and be done for drink-driving due to your blood levels. It is a risky thing to do when you do not know how you will react. Just thought I would warn you to be safe and think it through. As always, use your best judgement and make the choice you feel comfortable with as you are a grown person, please don't feel I am having a go because I'm not, promise, just trying to be helpful!

Nic:D

Very good advice there Nic!

You should be fine to drink at 6 months post-op, I have had wine and vodka without a problem. Be careful of fizzy & sugary mixers as everyone else has said.

Disclaimer - I do feel compelled to say the following as you mentioned that you will be drinking and then driving. If you have not had a drink in 6 months, you do not know how *you* specifically react to alcohol. I personally get very drunk very fast but then *feel* sober pretty quick once I stop drinking. I say *feel* because scientific research has proven that bypassed patients retain a higher level of intoxication for a longer period then a normal person so you could have one drink feel completely sober, drive, get stopped and be done for drink-driving due to your blood levels. It is a risky thing to do when you do not know how you will react. Just thought I would warn you to be safe and think it through. As always, use your best judgement and make the choice you feel comfortable with as you are a grown person, please don't feel I am having a go because I'm not, promise, just trying to be helpful!

Nic:D

Oh nic how true even 12 months out i would not consider getting in a car after 1 drink. not that i did before but i used to think i feel fine but my better judgment was to get a cab. these days if im going to have a drink i dont take the car full stop as i know i would be over the limit with one glass of wine.
I very rarly drink when we go out i just stick to fresh OJ and mineral water.

Back