• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice on time scale.

Billie.x

Hiya.
So I'm looking for some advice from people who have had surgery and been through the journey.
I finish my tier 3 on the 13th April. I'm aware that the lady who runs it will write to my GP telling him how I have done etc and her opinion on surgery.
I know then my GP will make the referral to Luton and Dunstable.
I know everywhere is different etc but I want to know what other people's timescales were.
How long am I expecting to wait for any sort of progress or appointment.
I'm going to America on the 30th September what are people's opinions on me having surgery before this date ?

I'm fed up of waiting now it's been a year since my first appointment with GP as he messed about for ages and I didn't start tier 3 until September.

Thank you xx

Hello welcome I really think it depends on what hospital you are at as some seem quicker than others, whereabouts are you ? X

Hello welcome I really think it depends on what hospital you are at as some seem quicker than others, whereabouts are you ? X

I live in Essex, I believe my referral will be made to Luton and Dunstable hospital.

xx

Hi Michelle.
How did your referral work & what was your timescale like xx

Hi Michelle. How did your referral work & what was your timescale like xx
Hi Billie once you've done your tier 3 you go to your doctor and they do a referral letter to the hospital which can take a while my first one got lost so I asked the next one to be faxed over then I received a letter about 4 weeks later for the first appointment with the bariatric team which was 3 months later but I think aswell it was because of xmas as my appointment was right after the new year so I went to that which was dietitian and had a ecg and blood tests then 3 weeks later I saw my consultant and had a seminar about different surgeries and then it went to the Mdt meeting which I'm waiting for my results which shouldn't be long now but all hospitals are different some are longer hope that helps x x

God I need some help.
I wanted to go private before all the nhs journey and route etc. But due to bad credit history finance was not a option.
I was looking on the hospital group and reading about a finance company with good rates etc.
I decided to have a try being 99.9% sure it would be declined.
Today I have an email saying my application has been accepted and to go online to accept and have the 5K transferred to my bank...:|
Shocked was not the word.

Now I have no idea what to do. My partner is against the idea of a loan but now I'm thinking I could have it pretty soon if I take it.

I could have to do another 6 months tier 3 and my GP was saying they may want to do the bypass as my bmi is so high but I don't want a bypass, then there's the chance I won't get the funding also will be a long wait for appointments and surgery on nhs etc.

I don't know what to do :(!!!!????

Hi, can't advise what you should do now eeek!
Anyway, just to say my last tier 3 was August last year , seminar Sept, MDT Oct, saw surgeon Nov and bypass December. Mid Yorks. All in all 15 months from gp referral. Good luck with your decision x

Those tough decisions are ones we can only make ourselves I guess. We all have an opinion but I can only base an opinion on my world so it's hardly necessarily gong to be a good fit for others. Especially as I am a bit bonkers!!!
My tier 3 ended last August/ September. I had my first hospital appointment in January and I have my pre op at the end of this month. Apparently surgery could be April-July bed depending.
I also considered a loan - yes it would be quick - but something about the slow pace is also allowing me to really think about it and look at how I will cope. I started in 2012 and I had a very bad relationship with food. Binging and all sorts. Now I 'just' eat wayyyyyyy to much. So surgery should help. Had I still been binging. I don't think it would have.
I also know more expense is down the line. New clothes. Wanting to do more as I am fitter. Possibly more self care - I don't have treatments or anything at present as I figure why polish a mess - but I might in the future. I am also minded that excess skin may be an issue and surgery on the NHS for that is highly difficult so I may use the loan route then.
None of those issues may relate to you - I was just sharing how I decided between loan or wait it out on the NHS x.

Back