• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please

Andrea73

Hi All

I had my bypass last October and have lost just short of 5 stone. My problem is my energy levels just haven't increased, if anything they are exactly the same and I'm always so tired. Surely that can't be normal. I drink plenty of fluids and am fairly active. My blood test before the op showed that my thyriod levels were slightly up (or down I can't remember), however my doc has ran bloods and said all is "Normal".

What do you think I should do about the tiredness?? I also take venlafaxine for long term depression and have felt my mood is on the lower side lately.

Any advice or suggestions that you could give would be great. Oh you could also maybe give me some ideas on how to up my protein as well please.

Hi there

wd on ur wl......could u be anemic by any chance???

have you had your iron & B vitamin levels checked?

If needed, I was told I'd need b12 injections every 3 months.

thanks for the replied. I had my bloods done recently and they were normal. Mind you the docs always say they are normal. LOL

What do you take on a daily basis hun?

As already asked....are you taking your Vitamins daily, and what about your VB12 Jabs???

sounds like it could be lack of B12, but if your bloods were normal then I dont know.

You could ask your doc to look at your bloods again and see if your B12 is OK, or is it a seperate test they have to do?

Sorry, I know thats not much help but all I can think of.

Andrea i have to say i'm a bit the same can't say i've noticed any real change in my energy levels but i put it down to stress and like you i battle bouts of depression. My bloods are above average levels so can't be that! Sorry i'm not much help but am interested in replies xx

thanks again for the replies.

Everyday I take multivit, lansprazole, calcium, zinc soluable, selenium and my usual tabs. I've never been prescribed the iron tablet, in fact the only tabs my gp does prescribe are the lansprazole (fast tab) and the zinc, the rest I buy myself.

Can i also ask what you all eat for breakfast and lunch or do you just snack on high protein stuff throughout the day?

Back