• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon help and advice please

KurvyKayls

hi everyone i have decided to opt for a gastric balloon surgery possibly in prague? has anyone got any information advice for me. im 25 weigh 14st 10, (206lb) and have tried every diet under the sun, but some how keep getting bigger and bigger. Please help, any information and advice will be greatly apprieacted. i am hoping to have the surgery within the next 2 months, thanks Kayleigh x

Sorry I can't help hun but there are a few people on here who've had a balloon so I'm sure someone will be along soon.

If you go to the home page, there's a section for other wls procedures - you'll find a few threads about balloons in there x

hi everyone i have decided to opt for a gastric balloon surgery possibly in prague? has anyone got any information advice for me. im 25 weigh 14st 10, (206lb) and have tried every diet under the sun, but some how keep getting bigger and bigger. Please help, any information and advice will be greatly apprieacted. i am hoping to have the surgery within the next 2 months, thanks Kayleigh x

Hi Kayleigh,
so happy i found your post, there arent many ballooners on here as it is but we are very similar!. i am 26 and weigh 14.5. i am booked in for a gastric balloon at Bodies Beautiful in Prague for next wednesday. i am so nervous but luckily have a very supportive partner. i am not huge but i really struggle with my weight because my eating habits are terrible, but i do exercise. the balloon is perfect for me as i am really hoping it will help train my eating habits. i have lost a lot of weight previously but i nearly killed myself doing it. i was only eating steamed veg and cuppa soups and running 5 miles a day. as soon as i eased off, the weight came back on. i have not told anyone about the balloon (besides my parner) as i feel they may judge me becase i am not classed as 'huge'.
the cinic have been great with me so far and booking the procedure has been plain sailing. i fly out on Monday, have the op wednesday (over night stay at the clinic) and fly back on Thursday. really nervous but very excited too!!! x

hi, i have just had the duo reshape balloons inserted, i was sick on the 1st day. then felt sickly on the 2nd day but didnt actually throw up, feeling a lot better now, even managed a 10 minuite walk. i have slimfast and water on the 1st week so far i have lost 8 pounds in less than a week, i did a liquid diet for 2 days before fitting as instructed by the clinic, so thats why i think i lost that much weight, feeling very happy that it works though, if anyone has got any questions feel free to ask, will keep you updated weekly

Have never had a balloon but think its a good idea for somebody like yourself as you havent got much to lose and its not a permanent procedure as its only in for 6 months. Good luck xx

Hi ladies would like to ask a question if I could , why have u decided too have a ballon rather then band ? I thought about a ballon but decided on band . What is the price difference between ballon and band when going abroad ? Hope u don't mind me be a nosey moo :) x

New duo balloon

hi, i have just had the duo reshape balloons inserted, i was sick on the 1st day. then felt sickly on the 2nd day but didnt actually throw up, feeling a lot better now, even managed a 10 minuite walk. i have slimfast and water on the 1st week so far i have lost 8 pounds in less than a week, i did a liquid diet for 2 days before fitting as instructed by the clinic, so thats why i think i lost that much weight, feeling very happy that it works though, if anyone has got any questions feel free to ask, will keep you updated weekly

Hi Cazzer,

I am very interested in finding more about your experience with the new duo gastric balloon. I am not able to send you a private message because I am a new member. Grateful if you can keep posting on your progress. Also did you have the procedure done in the UK or in Europe (at a cheaper price).

Cheers,
Poetic

Back