• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice

Nectar

Six Month Post Op
Hi there I was wondering if any of you lovely people had been on a long haul flight after having your band ( not straight away of course !) I've been reading up on tinternet and many people advise a defill prior to the flight . Any tips would be most appreciated as I'm off to Texas is two weeks xx

Haha i will try ! But I'm first on the list lol x don't know if I can fit two in my case though 1 x x x

I had my consultation on Wednesday and asked about this as I am off to Mexico later this year...they told me that I would have to have any fill removed and then have a fill again when I get back as the band can get tight due to cabin pressure. Hope this helps! x

Yes it does thnx so much .I'm traveling on my own so I'm a bit scared so I'd rather have a defill beforehand better to be safe than sorry , mind you this will give me licence to eat those big Texan portions OMG xxx

I'm sure that you will surprise yourself...you have done so well up to now that you won't want to undo the work that you have done to date. x

I asked when I first had my consultation - consultant said either have a de-fill or drink lots of water??? Wasn't sure what he meant by that might be worth investigating xx

I was told by the surgeon that any long haul flights means a complete defill due to the pressure.

Hi there
I had my op in June and flew to Florida in August with 2ml in my band. I had no problems at all. I just drank water and took slimfast with me for the flight. I didnt notice any difference at all during the flight and Iwas grateful of some restriction in Florida given the wonderful food and massive portions
Hope this helps
Jo XX

I too have read different things about long haul flights. I am planning one in November which will be hopefully just a year since my op. I am going to ask my provider at my next appointment but I am not confident I am going to get the correct answer:rolleyes:.

tranquil x

Back