• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a letter in post.

lyndajoan

hi all i have recived a letter in the post today from spire regancy hospital.:D
it says we have recently recived a referral to assess your suitability for bariatric surgery.
we are wrighting to ask you to contact us in order for us to proceed with your referral.
please contact us to discuss the above.

yours sincerely referral management center spire health care.

so i am going to phone them on monday and take it from there.

has anyone had this kind of letter prior to their surgery???
if so what did they ask you when you phoned them??:confused::confused:

Last edited:

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Hi hun, I too am located the Regency Spires, but I didn't get a letter like that. I just got one stating that I had an appointment with Mr Decadt 29th November. :party0019:

My main worry was the letter I received from my PCT (Halton & St Helens) stating that I had been granted funding for the initial consultation but not yet for surgery?????:cry: I rang Spire and spoke to the lovely 'Amy', who told me not to worry and as long as I did my pre op diet correctly I would get the op!!

Anyway, I am just so chuffed to have found someone who is going to the same hospital as me!! How come they sending you there and not Murrayfield??

Sarah:D

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Lynda, ask for Amy when you call. She looks after all admissions. I rang initially chasing up my paperwork as my PCT were very slow in submitting it. She told me my appointment over the phone and then I got a letter confirming it. She also said that I was probably looking at January for my surgery.
I will let you know what happens on Tuesday.

xxxxx

lyndajoan

Hi hun, I too am located the Regency Spires, but I didn't get a letter like that. I just got one stating that I had an appointment with Mr Decadt 29th November. :party0019:

My main worry was the letter I received from my PCT (Halton & St Helens) stating that I had been granted funding for the initial consultation but not yet for surgery?????:cry: I rang Spire and spoke to the lovely 'Amy', who told me not to worry and as long as I did my pre op diet correctly I would get the op!!

Anyway, I am just so chuffed to have found someone who is going to the same hospital as me!! How come they sending you there and not Murrayfield??

Sarah:D

hi sarah i to have been told the same thing i have been granted funding but i will have to see what the surgeon says to weather i will get a bypasss or not.
my understanding is i will be going to murrayfield, but i need to phone regency on mon to descuss my referral, this confussed me to.
so i will let you know what happens on monday.
thanks for replying that has shed some light on some things. xx

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Not a prob hun, I would have preferred Murrayfield as its closer for me, but, I getting seen, so can't grumble! Get em rang on Monday and let me know.
I will let you know on Tuesday night after I been for 1st consultation.

Good luck hun!! xxxx

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Good luck hun let us know xx

Tracey37

lyndajoan said:
hi all i have recived a letter in the post today from spire regancy hospital.:D
it says we have recently recived a referral to assess your suitability for bariatric surgery.
we are wrighting to ask you to contact us in order for us to proceed with your referral.
please contact us to discuss the above.

yours sincerely referral management center spire health care.

so i am going to phone them on monday and take it from there.

has anyone had this kind of letter prior to their surgery???
if so what did they ask you when you phoned them??:confused::confused:

Hi hi , I had this letter back in oct 2011 and they ask you which hospital u want to go to , I have chosen murryfield , I had my pre-assessment on 3rd nov and having surgery in jan 2012 due to waiting results on sleep apnea test , hope this helps , and I have heard so many good things about murryfield and meet two people that have had surgery , all the best Hun xx

lyndajoan

hi all i phoned the hospital and they asked which hospital i would like to have my opp, regancy or murrayfield.
so i have chosen murrayfield, wirral, cos its closer to me than the other one.
i have now to await a letter off murrayfield.
fingers crossed its soon. xx

Tracey37

hi all i phoned the hospital and they asked which hospital i would like to have my opp, regancy or murrayfield.
so i have chosen murrayfield, wirral, cos its closer to me than the other one.
i have now to await a letter off murrayfield.
fingers crossed its soon. xx

it wont be long hun , soon as i made the call a week later got a letter from murrayfieild for a pre-assessment 3rd nov now just waiting date for surgery xx

Tray3004

Good luck hun n congrats on funding :)))) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Debbie15

You will see more good news!!!

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
lyndajoan said:
thanks every one for your kind words and support they really mean alot to me. xxx

Yay!!! Things are looking good for you :) Made up for you chick :) xxx