• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advise me Please xx

claire78-09

Hello to everyone,
My GP is in the process of referring me to Mr El-Hasani. but my aunt is getting married next month so i went and got some slimming pill's just to make myself feel a little better about going to the wedding.Anyway the GP told me my bmi was just under 40 (because of these pills) i explained i can lose weight but i can never keep it off. Can someone please tell me how long they have had to wait for their first appointment to see the surgeon and also i don't know if i should keep taking these pills and risk the surgeon telling me i cant have the band? i have hit an all time low over my weight and just don't no what to do any more. any advice would be greatly received thank you in advance xx

Hi Claire,
Just wanted to welcome you to this wonderful site. You will find the answert o all of your questions on here, you just need to wait for someone in your area to come on. Not sure I can answer your questions as I am a pre= oper like you. I do know every PCt has their own criteria for funding so you need to look up yours. you can find this on BOSPA or NICE.
What slimming pills are byou on as I may be able to help there,

Linski xx

hi, welcome to the forum everyone is really friendly here. each area is different for referals im from teeside so will be up at sunderland i had an 8 month weight before i saw the dietician and the nurse but in between that i was asked to attend a semiar which was very informative. as for taking these pills i too am taking pills (orlistat) to help me maintain my weight loss for my surgery which will hopefully be in the next 4-5 months. we can all lose weight its the maintaining we have a problem with. dont be too harsh on yourself. has your gp given you any advice on taking slimming pills. my gp phoned the hospital for me and asked if me taking pills would have an effect on my surgery and i was told no so it might be worth a check. hope you manage to find the answers you are looking for.

take care. nicky.

Hello Claire,
Great to hear from you, so sorry I can't be of any help with your question... someone from your area will be along at some point soon... but... I did want to welcome you and to wish you all the very best with your WLS journey...

Much love and hugs, Bev xxx

Hi Claire. I waited 3 months for my first appointment but that was Sunderland, and as you've heard, every area is different.

I don't have any advice about the slimming pills I'm afraid. I think if it was me, I'd stop taking them and just try to stick to a healthy diet. But that's just me.

Hi Claire and welcome...

If you are worried about your bmi and funding criteria ring your pct and make enquiries firstly. As for the slimming pills i'm wary of pills you can go out and buy and if you are close to the cut off bmi figure i think i'd stop taking them until you have been seen at the hospital and given a weight loss target personally..

Most of us are like you and can lose weight, but we also put it back on again.

Good luck xx

Thank you xx

Thank you all so much the advise you have all given me is a great help i haven't had a pill today and i wont have any more until at least i have seen the surgeon,I am so nerves in case he Say's i cant have it i don't know what i Will do then,
Hi Linski the pill's are called phentermine tablet's and they are an appetite suppressant.But they do have some side affects. xx
You all seem to be doing so well with your weight loss i just wish that this part of my journey was over. xx :newbie:

Back