• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advise post 3rd band fill

Kaz50

Hey All

Been a while since I posted but desperately after some advise.

Yesterday I had my 3rd band fill, 1st was 3mls, 2nd was 1.5ml and yesterday 1.5ml. The nurse said she could feel restriction whilst doing it but wasn’t sure if that was good or bad? I have been eating a 3/4 plate still up until yesterday but since surgery in Feb have lost 20kgs.

Last night I had water, tea and a bowl of thin soup just like previous post band fills but during the night developed pain and belching, which has happened before. But today OMG, the pain is worse, I can’t take even sips of water and am vomiting up my own saliva, about 6-8times so far today. I’m worried that my band has slipped but my band nurse says I am ‘over restricted’?

What does this mean and how long will it last and should I be worried as I feel so rough? My ‘nurse’ is away on holiday now and I live miles from any hospitals and don’t know what to do. I am waiting for my GP to call as I am that worried .

any advise or reassurance?? X

Hey All

Been a while since I posted but desperately after some advise.

Yesterday I had my 3rd band fill, 1st was 3mls, 2nd was 1.5ml and yesterday 1.5ml. The nurse said she could feel restriction whilst doing it but wasn’t sure if that was good or bad? I have been eating a 3/4 plate still up until yesterday but since surgery in Feb have lost 20kgs.

Last night I had water, tea and a bowl of thin soup just like previous post band fills but during the night developed pain and belching, which has happened before. But today OMG, the pain is worse, I can’t take even sips of water and am vomiting up my own saliva, about 6-8times so far today. I’m worried that my band has slipped but my band nurse says I am ‘over restricted’?

What does this mean and how long will it last and should I be worried as I feel so rough? My ‘nurse’ is away on holiday now and I live miles from any hospitals and don’t know what to do. I am waiting for my GP to call as I am that worried .

any advise or reassurance?? X
I don't have a band myself, but it does sound like you need a defill to me. I've read this sort of thing before. I'm surprised the nurse gave you a fill of she thought you wound be over restricted. x

Back