• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After eight and half months I have eaten...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
...bread!!!
I swore that it was something that I wouldnt do as it adds nothing to my dietary intake but remembering back to some advice I was given (I think it was from the wonderful Nic) I saw a loaf of Burgens Soya and Linseed Loaf and when I saw 6.3g protein per slice I thought oh hell yes, Im adding that in to my diet!!
So off home I went and toasted a piece and verrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly I ate it, tiny bite by tiny bite, chew chew chew through a half piece before I felt full. I even sat with a bowl in case it made me sick!
Anyway, I wasnt sick and it stayed down well, so for breakfast today I had one slice of the bread with a laughing cow light cheese triangle on it. I managed the whole piece and it stayed down, my pouch was very noisy for a while but it didnt upset me or come back up, which is great.
I know that there are carbs in bread and I have NO intention of EVER eating any other bread than the soya and linseed loaf and Im only having that to bump up my protein intake and vary my diet a little bit, I will only ever have that one slice a day, in the morning for breakfast, so I am quite pleased with myself.
It took a LOT to get my head around having bread, I had kind of demonised it in my mind and so I felt nervous and a little scared trying it, but I am glad that I did it now.
It is the only thing that I am adding back in that I had sworn off of, those being...

CHOCOLATE...nope, dont miss it so not going to have ANY!

CAKES...same as chocolate!!

FIZZY POP...I DO miss this and so want some but for me it would be a slippery slope and so Im just not going to risk it, beside the fact that it adds nothing to my dietary needs.

BISCUITS...my old friend, I could never moderate myself with these so I am just not going to bother even having one, unlike the new bread it offers nothing to my dietary needs, so I wont ever go back to biscuits.

SUGARS IN MY HOT DRINKS...Im used to them without now so am never going back, I dont even use sweeteners now.

PASTRY...I miss pastry!!! I miss a nice pork pie or something like salmon en croute, but its not very healthy for me and adds nothing helpful, so nope, no pastry.

So yep, I am glad to have added a little something to my diet, something that I enjoy in moderation and something that is now actively adding something to my dietery needs.
Just thought I would share this with you all lol
Steph xx

Cool Stephie, linseed is very good. I have that bread as well, usually have one or two slices toasted, then spread with laughing cow light cheese, absolutely plastered in cherry tomato halves and grilled. Yummy lunch or breakfast :) (Love grilled tomato)

Oooh thanks for that idea hon, Ill try that one for tomorrows breakfast, thanks xx
Steph xx

It's good with mackerel (in tomato sauce) topped with cheese too, yummy high protein breakfast or lunch.

Oh good God...are you TRYING to make me drool all over myself here!!! lol I ADORE fish and cheese mmmmmm
Thank you for that, I will be trying that one too xx
Steph xx

Cool Stephie, linseed is very good. I have that bread as well, usually have one or two slices toasted, then spread with laughing cow light cheese, absolutely plastered in cherry tomato halves and grilled. Yummy lunch or breakfast :) (Love grilled tomato)

Mmmm... that sounds delish !!

omg they sound so scrummy will try these dishes x

Oooh Steph I used to love that bread and my OH still has it. It was very filling pre op too, I havent had any bread since April 09 :eek: but I may just try a toasted bit after my new band fill has settled in.

Mmm Im thinking tuna and cheese :D

I couldnt manage bread for a long time post op, and like you Steph, I tried to steer away from it. Nowadays although I dont have bread often, when I do try it the amount i can eat varies. I have only managed a full sandwich (2 slices of wholemeal bread) on one occasion. If I do toast I eat between 1/2 a slice and a full slice. I'd say I have bread on average about once a week at the moment. I wish I could manage naan bread when I have curry, but it just bloats me.

Although I'd never touch white bread again, I've been eating toast for a couple of weeks now. Started on the WW Malted Bread as the slices are really small so one is perfect, but last few days having the Burgen's Soya & Linseed. I can only managed half a slice toasted though.

I've also been able to eat very small amounts of naan with curry & pitta with humous. But on reading the posts here I'm now wondering whether I shouldn't be eating any of these yet, although I've not had any problems with them :eek:

Back