• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ALMOST 3 WKS AFTER GASTRIC BYPASS

JOHNG79

Hello guys, as the thread title says, I am almost 3 weeks after my op the Alexandra Hospital Manchester.

Nearly 1 week into pureed, and here is my sample menu.

Breakfast 1-2 spoons milky porridge with 1 tblspoon banana
Teabreak Few spoonfuls of mullerlight
Lunch 5-6 tbls of soup
Dinner 2 tbl leane mince, 1 tbls potato, 1 tbls carrot etc
Supper 3 tbl low calorie custard, with 1 tbl banana or pear

Additional small decaff skinny latte & obviously around 2litres per day of water with NAS squash

Does that seem an appropriate amount, or am I missing out something/ or worse having too much?

Weighed myself yesterday, and 4lb loss which was down 12lb from last week. I know that can be considered a lot, but given my starting weight 2 days before op of 27 0.5lb, I just worry that I am doing something wrong.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also was using panadol extra soluble for any headaches etc, but have now realised that they have caffeine in them which adds up to small discomfort I was having afterwards. Back to the panadol actifast I go.

PS is it unusual to still experience crampy windy pains. So paranoid when it comes to slightest twinges etc, as its so easy to fear the worst.

That looks alright to me but it depends what diet sheet you have been given - some people have longer on liquid/ soft than you so everyone is different.

I was really lucky and didn't have any gas pain from the op, but I did get wind/intestine pain - it also depends if you have any constipation too.

That looks alright to me but it depends what diet sheet you have been given - some people have longer on liquid/ soft than you so everyone is different.

I was really lucky and didn't have any gas pain from the op, but I did get wind/intestine pain - it also depends if you have any constipation too.
Thanks for reply. I am on liquid 2 weeks, pureed for 2, soft 2-3 wks, then solids. Still think its weird you can feel windy discomfort after eating lol. Can i ask if you use any protein supplements?

All sounding good!

Do you have to take any vitamins as well. I really notice the difference if I miss a day on mine x

All sounding good!

Do you have to take any vitamins as well. I really notice the difference if I miss a day on mine x
Centrum advance twice a day, calcium & iron too. Cant believe how weird teeth felt chewing the calcium lol. Think they hadnt been used in that long it was a shock

Hello guys, as the thread title says, I am almost 3 weeks after my op the Alexandra Hospital Manchester.

Nearly 1 week into pureed, and here is my sample menu.

Breakfast 1-2 spoons milky porridge with 1 tblspoon banana
Teabreak Few spoonfuls of mullerlight
Lunch 5-6 tbls of soup
Dinner 2 tbl leane mince, 1 tbls potato, 1 tbls carrot etc
Supper 3 tbl low calorie custard, with 1 tbl banana or pear

Additional small decaff skinny latte & obviously around 2litres per day of water with NAS squash

Does that seem an appropriate amount, or am I missing out something/ or worse having too much?

Weighed myself yesterday, and 4lb loss which was down 12lb from last week. I know that can be considered a lot, but given my starting weight 2 days before op of 27 0.5lb, I just worry that I am doing something wrong.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also was using panadol extra soluble for any headaches etc, but have now realised that they have caffeine in them which adds up to small discomfort I was having afterwards. Back to the panadol actifast I go.

PS is it unusual to still experience crampy windy pains. So paranoid when it comes to slightest twinges etc, as its so easy to fear the worst.
I still suffer with wind now, and remember it was a big problem at your stage. I drank peppermint tea, and also took some milk of magnesia, which helped ease it a bit. How much discomfort are you getting whilst or after eating? 4lb sounds good and 2 litres of water/NAS at your stage is fantastic. How many grams of protein are you managing in that lot? Is there protein in the soup?

I still suffer with wind now, and remember it was a big problem at your stage. I drank peppermint tea, and also took some milk of magnesia, which helped ease it a bit. How much discomfort are you getting whilst or after eating? 4lb sounds good and 2 litres of water/NAS at your stage is fantastic. How many grams of protein are you managing in that lot? Is there protein in the soup?
The water is tough tbh, but find it easier to do at work. Soups usually lentil, pea & bacon etc. Started adding beans into it to bump it up a bit protein wise. Discomfort isnt too bad if i go for a walk etc. Might need to bump up my fibre a bit possibly

The water is tough tbh, but find it easier to do at work. Soups usually lentil, pea & bacon etc. Started adding beans into it to bump it up a bit protein wise. Discomfort isnt too bad if i go for a walk etc. Might need to bump up my fibre a bit possibly
Sounds like you have it sorted. :) I used to find I wanted to wash up as soon as I had eaten, as it meant I was standing up and it went down easier. I hate washing up, and I have a bad back!! ;) Still don't have the water/NAS sorted yet as I only feel thirsty if I have a cold or it is very hot, so forget. Easier though if others are drinking at the same time.

Sounds like you have it sorted. :) I used to find I wanted to wash up as soon as I had eaten, as it meant I was standing up and it went down easier. I hate washing up, and I have a bad back!! ;) Still don't have the water/NAS sorted yet as I only feel thirsty if I have a cold or it is very hot, so forget. Easier though if others are drinking at the same time.
I struggled post op as found nas squash tough on tum so went back to water which made it tougher. Now iv reintroduced the squash, and it defo helps

Hi, I can't stomach protein powders anymore, far too sweet! I do have arla protein milk which is 20g protein in 225ml so not a big volume. It has about 13g sugar but part of that will be the lactose, however I have half in the morning and half in the afternoon to avoid any dumping.

I also have nature valley protein cereal bars that have 10g protein and only 5g sugar in the salted caramel one.

Other protein bars I find sweet and sickly or they have too much artificial sweetener which I can't stand the grenade ones are not too bad but I could only eat 1/3 to 1/2 in one go as they are quite heavy.

I have found that I can drink fruit tea easier than water - current favourite is twinnings blackcurrent and blueberry - tastes like weak Ribena to me!

Back