• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After just over 2 years I have a date for the op! 😁

Lucy S

Thank you, yes 2 weeks tomorrow can't wait!
Pre op assessment next Thursday then covid swab on the 6th then the op on the 9th 😁

Cheshire Cat

I’ve been waiting for ever ☹️☹️☹️ ..... over 5 years since my first appointment and since Covid has put a spanner in the works it could end up 6 years ☹️☹️. I was told on Wednesday last week I should be sorted within 6 months, so I’m just keeping everything crossed!
keep us updated how things go x

Lucy S

I ruled it out for this year and most of next due to covid, and then I got an unexpected call! I rang 2 months ago I was 100th position so I'm so chuffed, you're so close now x

Cheshire Cat

I’m under Stafford Now, but in Cheshire. There has been a on going saga who got the contract first it was Chester p, then Manchester, then Liverpool ..... eventually got it sorted, but a huge back log!

Lucy S

You'll get there you've come this far just alittle longer, yes I will keep you updated with photos too x

Cheshire Cat

If Covid hadn’t come along I would be on the losers bench by now! It seems I’ve just had the odds stacked against me! After everything was sorted and I was signed off from the weight loss team (can’t remember if that’s what they were called as its so long ago) and handed over to The Bariatric Team in March 2018. My first appointment to see the surgeon came through for August.... then that was cancelled and they gave me another one for October ...... and it got close and they cancelled it again!! Then the next one came through for Christmas Eve at 2 o’clock in the afternoon! It didn’t suit me really and I didn’t think anybody would want to be there then - that’s if they didn’t cancel it before it came along - so I cancelled that one and got one for February! So there was another 6 months lost! February's appointment went well and I was on the list 😊😊😊 Six months top i would be sorted! And then Covid hit ☹️☹️☹️ i have been in constant touch with the team and surgeries have started again but once again there is a back log. I rang one day last week to see where I was on the list And i gave them the sob story of how long I had been in the system and they said i was about half way down on the list but she was going to speak to the surgeon and ring me back ...... but as yet that hasn’t happened ☹️ So yep I have just been incredibly unlucky! But on the plus side I have had chance to get my head round everything.... and mentally I’m so ready to go!
What you having done?? ...... and sorry for waffling 🤣🤣🤣

Cheshire Cat

I’ve come this far .... I’m on the home stretch now! When do you have to start the liver reducing diet?? Soon if not already eh?

Cheshire Cat

You will rock it x. Which one you doing?? My friend has just done the milk one ..... she said it was difficult to start but soon got into the swing of things!

Sarnie

Anyone having surgery at St Richards on the 9th of November 2020?
Congratulations, I hope all goes well for you. Exciting times x

Congrats!! My op has been scheduled for the 9th Dec at homerton, I know how you feel. I start my liver reducing next week but I think i will opt for the slim fast option.
Excited for you!!

Lucy S

Do you still think our ops will go ahead during lockdown now? I hope so, I will call St Richards tomorrow and yes I start my liver shrinkage diet tomorrow too, ooh good luck it's exciting xxx

Do you still think our ops will go ahead during lockdown now? I hope so, I will call St Richards tomorrow and yes I start my liver shrinkage diet tomorrow too, ooh good luck it's exciting xxx
I really do hope so, as mine will be done after the lockdown and all my pre ops before. I want to start 2021 feeling great!!!