• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After the opp???

Suwiexx

Hi all I'm on my pre opp diet now and have my opp(bypass) on the 24th and have few questions
How long will I be in for I have it on the wed day I'm thinking ill be all out home on the fri?? Will I be able. Get the train home? (I'm having it done at st Mary's hosp (was kingsx x but they moved to a new building at st Mary's) which is right out side padding ton station I'm thinking it will be a pain in the ass to get to/park for my hubby also will I be in any fit state to get the train?. I'm going to be recovering during half term so I was thinking I might go and stay with the in-laws from the sat to the following sat justo keep the kids occupied or do you have to have check ups at the drs during the week? Also I work as a self employed eyelash technician I sit on a chair the client is laying on a massage table but I will be leaning forward slightly how long to you reckon I will need off before I can do this if I have more than a week I'm stuffed.. Thanks in advanced Susan xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Firstly, as long as there are no complications and everything goes to plan, you should be able to leave hospital a couple of nights after your op. Be prepared to be in two nights, longer if there are any problems or the Dr isn't happy with your progress.

I guess you'll be able to travel by train. People fly home a few days after their op. You wont wont feel at all comfy so be prepared for an uncomfy journey home.

Staying with your inlaws should be fine. I didn't have any appointments the first week but had my wound sites checked on the second.

I really think you are going to find that you need at least a couple of weeks off from work. Even if you will be sitting around all day, you are recovering from major surgery. You will feel tired and groggy, you will have pain like you've been run over by a bus and you will no doubt have wind pain. You are really going to need at least 2 weeks if not 3 weeks off work.

Hope that helps.

Kate x

I had a sleeve done on 23rd of last month. My husband picked me up and it was the most uncomfortable journey. I would go more for the train off peak would be easier for you as the seat is that bit higher and I found that position more comfy. I am in my 3rd week post op and still sore but no where near as bad as it was.

Back